real time web analytics
Report - - Frenchay Hospital, Bristol - July 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Frenchay Hospital, Bristol - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
You'll be getting sick of these report pretty soon I expect. I can see this becoming the new DRI.

A great day exploring with Bristol boys & girls. I've not had a day of exploring a derelict hospital like this for many years, I thought those days were long gone. The morgue at the end of the day topped it. A fully loaded five slab, fifty body fridge cracker.

The day was a bit surreal to me. I've had the misfortune to have sat in A&E once or twice very poorly with my crohns. As a result I've spent various amounts of times in wards that we walked through and lets not even go into detail about the Endoscopy unit :eek:

The site at Frenchay began life as a TB hospital in 1921 but became a military hospital over the second world war before being handed over to the newly formed NHS where the site grew into what was one of only three A&E hospitals in Bristol. For many years North Bristol Health Trust debated about building a super hospital and disposing with one of the two main hospitals - Frenchay & Southmead - everything made logical sense to rebuild on the bigger, more accessible Frenchay campus. So it'll be no surprise to you that they decided that Southmead was the much better site. It wouldn't have anything to do with the fact Southmead is a shithole and the land there is worth significantly less for housing.

The land at Frenchay is being converted to housing with the promise of a small community 60 bed hospital being build as well. I have my doubts if that'll ever happen but we'll see.

92.jpg

93.jpg

1.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

20.jpg

29.jpg

31.jpg

36.jpg

39.jpg

41.jpg

46.jpg

48.jpg

50.jpg

55.jpg

58.jpg

59.jpg

62.jpg

68.jpg

72.jpg

74.jpg

78.jpg

80.jpg

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Tip top selection as ever dude. This place is taking a lot of my time at the moment!