real time web analytics
Report - - Gaping Gill - March 2023 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gaping Gill - March 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Did this a few years ago via one of the caving clubs , loved going down on the winch its a superb cave ,like you said photos dont do it justice its massive inside took my own torch and had a good look around , You have done fantastic getting down there under your own steam brilliant effort

Stitch

SWC
28DL Full Member
Did this a few years ago via one of the caving clubs , loved going down on the winch its a superb cave ,like you said photos dont do it justice its massive inside took my own torch and had a good look around , You have done fantastic getting down there under your own steam brilliant effort
Thanks a lot. I felt like a deserved the kebab after, let's put it that way!

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
Wow.. Fan-F-ing-tastic report!!

Somehow I missed this report when first posted. Dihedral is an absolutely brilliant route. I'm so impressed with your pics. I went down dihedral at end of Aug 2021 but I didn't dare take a camera and the mate I went with too only took about 4 pics with some sketchy handheld that didn't come out. Your pics are amazing, it's a hard place to get a decent shot and those are really really good ones too.
Jugging back out is a bit of a workout, especially if you're the muggins with the rope bag hanging below you! GG Dihedral was my first ever cave so I've a soft spot for it (same for my mate who followed me down but in his case it put him off!! ha ha). Recommend trip for any srt folks here, give dihedral a go if they've never tried it. It's a cracking adventure. Oh, and did I mention how bl00dy good your pics are?

Stitch

SWC
28DL Full Member
Wow.. Fan-F-ing-tastic report!!

Somehow I missed this report when first posted. Dihedral is an absolutely brilliant route. I'm so impressed with your pics. I went down dihedral at end of Aug 2021 but I didn't dare take a camera and the mate I went with too only took about 4 pics with some sketchy handheld that didn't come out. Your pics are amazing, it's a hard place to get a decent shot and those are really really good ones too.
Jugging back out is a bit of a workout, especially if you're the muggins with the rope bag hanging below you! GG Dihedral was my first ever cave so I've a soft spot for it (same for my mate who followed me down but in his case it put him off!! ha ha). Recommend trip for any srt folks here, give dihedral a go if they've never tried it. It's a cracking adventure. Oh, and did I mention how bl00dy good your pics are?
Thanks very much! I really thought I broke my camera with the amount of moisture down there, soaked absolutely everything! Sure was good fun though!

Who has read this thread (Total: 164) View details