real time web analytics
Report - - Gassol Color S.A. - Spain (October 2023) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Gassol Color S.A. - Spain (October 2023)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

RustyJohn

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've been out of the game for a few months due to my exploring partner having had a surgery, but now that he's good again... back at it!
The one who's not doing so well is my camera, which took a fall inside a mine and has never been the same, so some shots might be a bit out of focus.

Can't make much of an epic write up about this one, as we chose something easy to spend a morning having a good time more than anything. On the outskirts of where I live there's a little industrial area.
I've passed there hundreds of times with the car on the way to my hometown, so it was about time to answer the question of ''what's inside that damn building?''

exterior1.jpg

The exterior doesn't have any remarkable features other than some loading bays. We were in the blind as to what the function of the place was, so we were looking forward to find that out during our explore.

interior1.jpg

Once inside it's a typical industrial derp: grafitti, bottles and trash. That bit of machinery gave us our first clue though... a rolling/spinning machine?

taller.jpg

Pressing on, some more interesting bits started to appear. There were separate workshops for plumbing/electrical/mechanical things, but because of my camera malfunctions I have to be selective on what gets in the report...still, you get the idea!

fos.jpg

fos2.jpg

There was a part of the factory that had gone through quite an intense fire. The glass lab equipment had molten and become twisted.

despatx.jpg

The admin area finally gave it away... we were in a textile plant! Specifically, a dying plant for the textiles produced in another factory just across the road (we tried that one too but it was well secured).

arxiu.jpg

arxiu2.jpg

I always like to have a wander through the papers to look for 'human stories', but this time it was all a bit boring and business-related.

samples1.jpg

samples2.jpg

What I also like about textile factories is that they can be quite colorful if some of the samples/materials remain. Makes for a nice contrast to all the decay around.

lab.jpg

Next to the admin area was the paint lab... It smelled horrible, with all kinds of stuff coming off broken bottles marked with a skull and a cross all over the floor... yummy!

lab2.jpg

lab3.jpg

At this point we thought we were done and had seen everything, but retracing our steps back to the entrance we noticed a hole in a cinderblock wall which led us to a whole new hangar.

ind2.jpg

It was a pain in the ass to photograph this space because of all the holes and windows, but it was cool as there were some big bits of machinery around a 'warmer' feeling that the rest of the site.

ind4.jpg

ind5.jpg

ind6.jpg

end.jpg

Although not impressive, it was nice to find out this was a textile-related factory, keeping in line with documenting the fall of the textile industry in my local area.
That's it from me, see you on the next one!