real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 118 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
4 random churches, just because Ill prob never get round to doing a report on them

16.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

tigger

mog
Regular User
Remembered from childhood...a 2foot incline/decline which was operated using a portable cable winch.
I didn't remember how steep the little rascal was :(

Concrete block for winch attachment (above this was a derrick for which the mounts remain).

id3.jpg

Going down

id1.jpg

Features three sets of catch points

id2.jpg

Installed during construction of a reservoir in the 1930s (the records of which imply it took a very long time to build but in reality that was because a German chap stole the workforce)

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Popped into North Weald Redoubt the other day as I was delivering some stuff for work a few miles down the road, it hasn't changed much since my visit a few years ago. The water level was surprisingly low though, I guess it still hasn't quite recovered from the summer drought.

IMG_8217.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8236.jpg

IMG_8238.jpg

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Bristol March 2022 – Permission visit

Built in 1948 by Leyland, C4044 worked from Eastville depot, Bristol for most of its life with Bristol Tramways and its successor Bristol Omnibus Co. Ltd. Its ECW body was given a major overhaul in 1957 by ECW, returning to service in May 1957. It was withdrawn from service in July 1962 and sold to Stoneman, Nanpean, Cornwall in September 1962 who used it for nearly 10 years.

It was purchased for preservation in March 1972 and was restored to its 1957 condition including contemporary advertisements, the condition in which it is still to be seen. The 1972 restoration of the wooden framing of the body had gradually deteriorated and the bus was taken out of use. It returned to the road briefly after several years’ absence in October 2007. It is in good running order but is now undergoing major rebuilding of the timber frame, which is progressing slowly.

DSC_0433.JPG

Who has read this thread (Total: 2509) View details