real time web analytics
Report - - Golf club near Chessington | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Golf club near Chessington

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Anonymous Cameraman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello guys and girls RoversRam and I have had this particular site on our radar for a while now. Big thanks to @pigeonboy and @fishywishy for posting, otherwise it probably would’ve taken a lot longer to find, Great reports guys!

So with us both having a free afternoon we set sail for Chessington. Upon arrival it was raining, seems to always happen to us! :( We had to do a little work to locate access but we never shy away from a challenge. Once on site the scale of it becomes clear, its huge! Although very overgrown which makes it impossible to tell where the greens once were, upon reaching the driving range and main building we were shocked as always to see the mindless vandalism, metal theft and arson attempts which have occurred. The main building has bared the brunt of most of the vandalism to the point that made to measure metal bars have been installed over pretty much every entrance. We managed to get some decent shots but didn’t venture inside the main building on this occasion, as unfortunately it didn’t look worth it. Not sure what the future holds for this site, I believe planning permission was refused as its green belt land so it will probably just rot away like many buildings which is a shame to see as it used to be really nice.

Okay ramble over run the pics!

The view from the site, can see for miles!

DSCF5786.JPG

Oh deer.

DSCF5787.JPG

The inside of the driving range. The vandalism is slowly taking its toll on this :(
DSCF5788.JPG

The view down the driving range.
DSCF5789.JPG
DSCF5791.JPG
DSCF5792.JPG

Someone had an argument with the wall and won.
DSCF5795.JPG

The inside, such a shame to see the state its in. the roof is beginning to cave in too. Looks like theres some lovely stuff growing on the floor too, yuk.
DSCF5797.JPG
DSCF5798.JPG

You've head of the copper fairies. Now there appears to be roof tile fairies too.
DSCF5800.JPG

I believe this was where the golf karts used to charge.
DSCF5801.JPG

Site overview.
DSCF5802.JPG

I think this was the green-keepers warehouse.
DSCF5803.JPG

Lonely chair, got to be done.
DSCF5804.JPG

Think someone has been sleeping in here at some point.
DSCF5805.JPG

I think the alarm might be a little faulty.
DSCF5807.JPG

Mild sea O shite.
DSCF5808.JPG

Whats left of the conservatory.
DSCF5811.JPG

I think this was the kitchen.
DSCF5812.JPG

Looking down towards the main entrance.
DSCF5814.JPG

Overall a nice explore apart from the rain, certainly kept us occupied for an hour or so. Thanks for looking TAC

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
nice little write up though there's really no need for such a large font. Its a bit overkill. :thumb

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member
Went here today, only the driving range left. Clubhouse burned down in November. Found some bullets while there

KCM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice Explore. But nice if some of the driving range stands could be given to a non league football club..