real time web analytics
Report - - Greatham Water - May 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Greatham Water - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DubExplore

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok so only a small one here, not sure what to call this place or much history on it at all but thought it would be worth a few pictures.
The site is just behind where greatham's salt mine used to be and from the little information I have found it was owned by Bolckow Vaughan & Co to supply there Vulcan works with water. when drilling there in 1894 they founded a large layer of salt... there came the salt works.
The pictures are not the greatest due to being a night time visit and trying to rely on long exposures while my tripod was sat at home.

DSC_0148_zpscsavg6em.jpg

DSC_0136_zpsrxylprby.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsl8ngze0n.jpg

DSC_0129_zpshpvoqjto.jpg

DSC_0107_zpso1smcawt.jpg

DSC_0106_zpsiw2btvyh.jpg

DSC_0123_zpswefp6egc.jpg

DSC_0161_zpsr4xkqxro.jpg

DSC_0165_zps17z3cdbr.jpg

Will defiantly being going back for a daytime mooch at some point and hopefully get some better pictures
Explored with @dubgav14 & @AR_UK

Thanks for looking hope you enjoyed

Scottbob1979

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ok so only a small one here, not sure what to call this place or much history on it at all but thought it would be worth a few pictures.
The site is just behind where greatham's salt mine used to be and from the little information I have found it was owned by Bolckow Vaughan & Co to supply there Vulcan works with water. when drilling there in 1894 they founded a large layer of salt... there came the salt works.
The pictures are not the greatest due to being a night time visit and trying to rely on long exposures while my tripod was sat at home.

DSC_0148_zpscsavg6em.jpg

DSC_0136_zpsrxylprby.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsl8ngze0n.jpg

DSC_0129_zpshpvoqjto.jpg

DSC_0107_zpso1smcawt.jpg

DSC_0106_zpsiw2btvyh.jpg

DSC_0123_zpswefp6egc.jpg

DSC_0161_zpsr4xkqxro.jpg

DSC_0165_zps17z3cdbr.jpg

Will defiantly being going back for a daytime mooch at some point and hopefully get some better pictures

DSC_0148_zpscsavg6em.jpg

DSC_0136_zpsrxylprby.jpg

DSC_0111_zpsl8ngze0n.jpg

DSC_0129_zpshpvoqjto.jpg

DSC_0107_zpso1smcawt.jpg

DSC_0106_zpsiw2btvyh.jpg

DSC_0123_zpswefp6egc.jpg

DSC_0161_zpsr4xkqxro.jpg

DSC_0165_zps17z3cdbr.jpg

Was up here yesterday. Still looks virtually the same apart from a lot more graffiti. Interesting place.