real time web analytics
Report - - Harefield Lime works - (PG tips Monkey) Feb - 7th | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Harefield Lime works - (PG tips Monkey) Feb - 7th

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jez Walsh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well this will be my first report so bare with me.

History-

Okay so as far as I know this place used to be a lime works with an old mine tunnel, what’s left of the processing plant and the quarry further up the path/ private road. it’s based next to the canal which I guess makes sense as it would make transporting the lime a lot easier by boat as it’s not near any railways.

The Explore-

Okay so I’ve passed this building a few times on the canal and cycling on the towpath but finally decided to find a way in which didn’t prove that difficult. I’ve been there multiple times since my first visit and the first time I was new to urbex so only had my phone to take pictures. I went back a few months later with my friend and my DSLR and decided to take a few “photo shoot” style photos in my Amsterdam top.

It was quite interesting exploring the place and seeing how the limestone would be dropped down the shafts, transported along the mine tunnel and processed in what would have been the processing part and then as I mentioned earlier transported by boat and also possibly by road depending on when this place was operational. Another thing to note is a PG tips monkey hanging from the building and after talking to a few of my friends who live on the canal say it’s been up there longer than I have been alive and they all have different stories on how it got up there and who put it up there.

***(I can't figure out how to put up pictures so if someone could help me out i'll put them up.)***

Cheers,

-Jez

Spoddo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahaha you need to post the pictures to a website such as flickr, then by clicking on the little icon showing a picture with mountains etc next to the emojis (along from text justification) you can copy in a link from each individual image.

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Last edited: