real time web analytics
Report - - Hargraves Slaughterhouse Middlesbrough june 15 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hargraves Slaughterhouse Middlesbrough june 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ashd86

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hargraves slaughter house Middlesbrough

Visit date
1st visit may 2015
2nd visit june 2015

It has been hard to find history on this place apart from it was Opened after WWll and was closed in 2001 after the foot and mouth outbreak

The quality of the pictures are not the best I'm still trying to get to grips with my camera's, angles, lighting at what could be a good shot..

While here I found very little in the building you could tell it had been stripped bear it was also very badly damaged from a fire. Prior to this visit me and 2 friends had been before to look for a way in when there the 1st time we found all the shutters and doors to be open so access into the building was quite easy although it was about midnight and since I had never done anything like this before I decided against going in until it was light enough to see.

On our 2nd visit the before mentioned open doors and shutters had been closed barring 2 and it looks as if somebody/ company had been in to clear out a load of rubbish.

Anyway enough babbling on, on with the pictures.
_SAM1030.JPG
_SAM1031.JPG
_SAM1032.JPG
_SAM1033.JPG
_SAM1034.JPG
_SAM1035.JPG
_SAM1036.JPG
_SAM1037.JPG
_SAM1038.JPG
_SAM1039.JPG
_SAM1040.JPG
_SAM1041.JPG
_SAM1044.JPG
_SAM1045.JPG
_SAM1046.JPG
_SAM1047.JPG
_SAM1048.JPG
_SAM1049.JPG
_SAM1050.JPG
_SAM1051.JPG
_SAM1052.JPG
_SAM1053.JPG
_SAM1054.JPG
_SAM1055.JPG
_SAM1056.JPG
_SAM1057.JPG
_SAM1058.JPG
_SAM1059.JPG
_SAM1060.JPG
_SAM1061.JPG
_SAM1035.JPG
_SAM1036.JPG
_SAM1037.JPG

_SAM1034.JPG
_SAM1035.JPG
_SAM1036.JPG

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A bit of extra separation would help.the pictures along unfortunately with deleting lots of them as unfortunately they seem pretty pointless TBH And as for a pic of a crisp packet on the floor or general rubbish , what's the point? Even the external shot is from the worse side of the building and wonky.

Considering it's trashed beyond belief you've actually managed to make it look worse than it is . And you seem to have completely missed the only things left worth taking a picture of. And too make things even worse you've Been twice.

You need to look at what's around you. As well as having sufficient lighting to shoot in the dark, which as you've shown above you either don't or don't know how to light places up yet?

Have a look at the report below and see if it's the same place and what's been done differently. These were mostly long exposure shots well lit up including the ones with light in them which I add light to the foreground on a tripod.
Which I presume is the difference?

I think a third visit should be in order for some practice and get into the livestock processing part of the factory

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Went here in the last week or so and left five minutes later. Two of those minutes were spent sheltering from the rain ;). Only one room worth seeing here. Shame this one is so stripped.

The Wombat

Mr Wombat
28DL Full Member
This is a good effort
A few shots like the crisp packet maybe a bit overkill, in my opinion
Don't let this put you off; when you get the hang of the camera, you can get some great shots. Long exposures are the way forward.
Good luck and look forward to future posts

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What has practice to do with including multiple pics of cable ties or rubbish on the floor or pics that are 80% black? in who"s mind is any of these interesting in the slightest way ? & there"s over 40 of them :eek:

A little bit of common sense should be applied, which often seems to get missed by lots of people for some reason. If you wouldn"t look at a pic of rubbish or a blackout pic why would anyone else ? don"t include it ....simples ;) It"s nothing to do with camera technique .

I wouldn"t mind so much but it does not even resemble the building i reported on below. If it had a different title i wouldn"t have recognised the place.

Maybe some time reading the "New" info sections for New Members may enlighten ? ( Which should be a compulsory read IMO )

But IMO saying "great post" & the like in no way helps posters as to what they should be aiming for, as obviously 99% of all the other reports posted on the Forum have not managed to give them an insight as to what forms a decent viewable report.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
What has practice to do with including multiple pics of cable ties or rubbish on the floor or pics that are 80% black? in who"s mind is any of these interesting in the slightest way ? & there"s over 40 of them :eek:

A little bit of common sense should be applied, which often seems to get missed by lots of people for some reason. If you wouldn"t look at a pic of rubbish or a blackout pic why would anyone else ? don"t include it ....simples ;) It"s nothing to do with camera technique .

I wouldn"t mind so much but it does not even resemble the building i reported on below. If it had a different title i wouldn"t have recognised the place.

Maybe some time reading the "New" info sections for New Members may enlighten ? ( Which should be a compulsory read IMO )

But IMO saying "great post" & the like in no way helps posters as to what they should be aiming for, as obviously 99% of all the other reports posted on the Forum have not managed to give them an insight as to what forms a decent viewable report.

Alright, chill Winston