real time web analytics
Report - - Hatfield Colliery - One more time. - October 2015 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hatfield Colliery - One more time. - October 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Miss.Industrial

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Technically the heapstead is the building / area around the top of the shaft, Typically it means the structure straight underneath the heastock and usually includes the headstock itself.

Its a pretty vague term and can be applied differently in various locations due to the wide variety of structures and layouts used in mining. For example at a site like Hatfield where shafts are close together you could argue that all the buildings in that area collectively form the heapsead. This might then include vent plant, compressor house and other nearby buildings.

Undergrounddan

28DL Member
28DL Member
The local council are now calling the shots on site and they had been trying to get the whole lot demolished as soon as possible in the name of making the site "safe." A Demolition contractor was booked to start at the beginning of November.

Good to hear they are getting listed, just thinking as i will be up that way very soon and my urbexing days as starting to fade but do alot of mine exploration. Would be really nice to see somewhere with some of the headgear in place as there are very few left in devon/cornwall.