real time web analytics
Report - - Heating Plant PB, Czech Republic, June 2023 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Heating Plant PB, Czech Republic, June 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sometime in mid-June, my friend messaged me that he knew someone who knew the entry into this supposedly abandoned heating plant. I've had it on my map for two or three years, and nothing indicated it was still operational. No coal next to it for a good few years and no license to operate - it seemed pretty clear-cut to me. For some reason, there were no photos posted from it. So one weekend, I freed up a Sunday and met up with two other guys to explore the plant.

The heating plant started operating in the 1980s, and for most of its service life, it was a backup for a large power plant nearby. Then at some point, it became uneconomical to fire up the coal boilers for short periods of time (not to mention all the maintenance costs), and the decision to replace it with a small gas-fired heating plant was made. The plant went offline in the 2010s. I got info about it still being test-fired from time to time from people I know who live in the area - which is weird since it does not have a license to operate, but who knows what's going on. The plant has three boilers - one smaller one and two larger ones. Only two of them were licensed to operate, but maybe in the past, all three were actively used. No turbine, sadly.

As for our exploration - high temperatures, tons of sweat, and shit light. The entry we got was good. The problem was the administrative building next to the heating plant, which was still in use. When we got inside, we found out that there was a break room directly connected to the boiler house and that the workers from the administrative building used it to make coffee - the sound of a spoon making contact with a porcelain cup made that abundantly clear. We carried on, hoping we'll be quiet enough not to alert anyone to our presence. We were successful, but it was the quietest explore of my urbex career. In total, we spent good two hours there. The skies were clear, the day was sunny, and the boiler house had large windows, so I struggled a bit to make the photos usable.

53132648935_b515a7bd4a_b.jpg

53132720578_953c59a0b3_b.jpg

53131644217_ed167d8857_b.jpg

53132449509_1f7627c8cf_b.jpg

53132650910_f81eb07ef4_b.jpg

53132721523_39846309a4_b.jpg

53132649750_56f56eb27a_b.jpg

If you made it this far, thanks for reading​

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
More images please. Love the look of this place it reminds me of the 12monkeys plant
I only have few more, and it's more of the same. In the end it's just three boilers and some catwalks. The aesthetic of the place was great, I agree. I would have liked to see the control room, but it was somewhere in the administrative building along with labs.

The_Raw

Staff member
I only have few more, and it's more of the same. In the end it's just three boilers and some catwalks. The aesthetic of the place was great, I agree. I would have liked to see the control room, but it was somewhere in the administrative building along with labs.
Sounds like one to keep an eye on

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Sounds like one to keep an eye on
Fortunately people I know live nearby, so they can check it again after a while. Hopefully it will get abandoned completely - we saw some red tape around the perimeter of the plant, inside the territory, so maybe they'll start doing something soon.

Verti

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent photos and a great read too.

I imagine the rush when you heard the clink of teaspoon on porcelain was fairly thrilling ;-)

OutlawExplorer

Aut inveniam viat aut faciam
28DL Full Member
Sometime in mid-June, my friend messaged me that he knew someone who knew the entry into this supposedly abandoned heating plant. I've had it on my map for two or three years, and nothing indicated it was still operational. No coal next to it for a good few years and no license to operate - it seemed pretty clear-cut to me. For some reason, there were no photos posted from it. So one weekend, I freed up a Sunday and met up with two other guys to explore the plant.

The heating plant started operating in the 1980s, and for most of its service life, it was a backup for a large power plant nearby. Then at some point, it became uneconomical to fire up the coal boilers for short periods of time (not to mention all the maintenance costs), and the decision to replace it with a small gas-fired heating plant was made. The plant went offline in the 2010s. I got info about it still being test-fired from time to time from people I know who live in the area - which is weird since it does not have a license to operate, but who knows what's going on. The plant has three boilers - one smaller one and two larger ones. Only two of them were licensed to operate, but maybe in the past, all three were actively used. No turbine, sadly.

As for our exploration - high temperatures, tons of sweat, and shit light. The entry we got was good. The problem was the administrative building next to the heating plant, which was still in use. When we got inside, we found out that there was a break room directly connected to the boiler house and that the workers from the administrative building used it to make coffee - the sound of a spoon making contact with a porcelain cup made that abundantly clear. We carried on, hoping we'll be quiet enough not to alert anyone to our presence. We were successful, but it was the quietest explore of my urbex career. In total, we spent good two hours there. The skies were clear, the day was sunny, and the boiler house had large windows, so I struggled a bit to make the photos usable.

53132648935_b515a7bd4a_b.jpg

53132720578_953c59a0b3_b.jpg

53131644217_ed167d8857_b.jpg

53132449509_1f7627c8cf_b.jpg

53132650910_f81eb07ef4_b.jpg

53132721523_39846309a4_b.jpg

53132649750_56f56eb27a_b.jpg

If you made it this far, thanks for reading​
Love seeing stuff from other countries. Nice pics.

aitakaitov

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellent photos and a great read too.

I imagine the rush when you heard the clink of teaspoon on porcelain was fairly thrilling ;-)
Yeah, that was a thrill. I just stared at my mate and mouthed "Someone's making a fucking coffee" to him while pointing at the door. I didn't mention it in the report, but next to the door was a jar full of cigarettes, which seemed relatively fresh too. We were worried someone might think it's a good time to have a smoke while we were in the boiler house.