real time web analytics
Report - - Hesketh Power House Stoke 08/2010 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hesketh Power House Stoke 08/2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hesketh Power House, Chatterley Witfield Colliery Stoke on trent, visited with old skool and eotech yet when we were there down below the lifting gear we heard voices and foot steps up stairs fearing the worst we made our way up stairs only to see Thompski and friend (sorry mate forgot your name)..gave us a bit of a scare, hope you got the rest of the site done. This is the second visit for me and old skool to the power house on our first visit we found our way in only to discover all the lights on so we didn't venture in, after seeing recent reports we knew it was safe to do so and i'm glad we did what a treat this place is amazing it's a little disappointing that the lifting gear wheel is covered in plastic with only a small viewing window, other than that it's a lovely explore, not to sure what is original and what is there from when it was more a tourist attraction not that bothered me it's just nice to see such beautiful engines in one place and a nice little treat is the pit pens for the ponies..
A little history
Built circa 1914 by the collieries bricklayers company Brayford & Sons , the style is very contempory with railway architecture with it's large arched windows the first stage housed the compressor pumps, power house and winding engine.The Walkers reciprocating steam compressor engine came from sutton manor colliery St Helen's..
hesa.jpg

hesb.jpg
hesc.jpg

hesd.jpg

hese.jpg

hesf.jpg

hesg.jpg

hesh.jpg

hesi.jpg
hesj.jpg

hesk.jpg

hesl.jpg

hesm.jpg

hesn.jpg

heso.jpg

hesp.jpg
hesq.jpg

hesr.jpg

hess.jpg

hest-1.jpg

hest.jpg

hesu.jpg

hesv.jpg

hesw.jpg
hesx.jpg

hesy.jpg

hesz.jpg

Also had a quick visit to the air pump room where fresh air was pumped down to the workers below..
hesz1.jpg

hesz2.jpg
hesz3.jpg