real time web analytics
Hey from south wales | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hey from south wales

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Goblinphotog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Long time explorer who had to take a several year break from the hobby due to life commitments

I’ve been exploring abandoned places since I was a young kid, when I would wander off to ruins of army barracks/bunkers near my grandmas caravan (much to her displeasure when she found out). I really got into it when I was a teenager, armed with my first dslr when I discovered the now demolished mountain ash hospital near my house at the time and spent every minute of my free time there, I have thousands of unedited and poorly taken photos there from before I learned how to shoot properly.

As soon as I could drive I would spend all my free time at these places. I’ve done some of the well known south wales sites, Talgarth, cwm Coke works, the mountain bunker as well as everything from farmhouses, tonnes of hospitals, factories, schools, mines and hope to do many more, especially since my photography skills have significantly improved. My favourite is definitely hospitals I could spend days in those places.

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Welcome Goblinphotg. Wales is ace for urbex. Get some reports up on the site!

Seffy

Staff member
Welcome to 28! As others say, you’re not short of things to keep you busy in Wales. Not that many folk doing this over there (or so the internet would have us believe anyway)

Goblinphotog

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the warm welcome all
Get some reports up!
Will definitely be doing so very soon. I may drag the other half to one I’ve had my eye on tonight. Is it worth going through my old cf cards and seeing if there’s anything worthy of posting even if it’s old explores? (I’m talking 2017-2019) i believe I have alot of cwm coke works and boys village before they went down and some other stuff but I’m guessing that’s all been well overdone here because of how well known they were
Wales is ace for urbex

you’re not short of things to keep you busy in Wales.
Wales is awesome for this hobby, I’m always driving past spots and quickly putting a pin in my map for later as I’m always out and about, I need to start bringing my flash everywhere so I can stop at the time as I always have my old 35mm film camera but don’t tend to take my dslr/flash/full kit with me

Ryhsj

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
Welcome! South wales is a haven for urbex! I hope to see some nice reports and photos my friend.

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome! South wales is a haven for urbex! I hope to see some nice reports and photos my friend.
I went into South Wales for the purpose of searching for a cool urbex spot for the first time literally yesterday. Only about 15 mins after crossing the bridge I got distracted and spent the afternoon walking around a quarry. Really looking forward to going back and not getting distracted because there must be sooooo much to find - and even if you don't find it you get amazing scenery!

IMG_20240203_140524.jpg