real time web analytics
Hi from Ayrshire | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hi from Ayrshire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

riskyneil

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hiya, I'm new to this site and new to Urban Exploring.

I'm from Kilmarnock in Ayrshire and plan to start out at some local buildings. I've been aware of urbex for a few years but have only recently found videos on YouTube... thanks to a friend showing me that YouTube is for more than just watching music videos, lol. I've been into hill walking for the last 12+ years but haven't been getting the same buzz for the amount of effort so I'm in search of a new thing.

When I was a wee guy I had quite a few opportunities to explore empty farm cottages, barns, old caravans, and a few other things. But that was a long time ago when messing about as kids, so I realise how Urban Exploring is different and has rules that i fully intend to follow to keep me on the right side of the law.

I'm gonna spend a fair bit of time reading the forum and reports.

MacMan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi, fellow Ayrshirite here! There are quite a few good sites to explore in our neck of the woods, from rural farms, disused mansion houses, industrial sites, and also derelict buildings right in town centres.

I cut my urbexing teeth at a very young age growing up in the vicinity of Dalquharran castle in the 90s, and it is still a great explore today, and a good one for beginners. Loads of threads and videos exist these days on that one (unlike in the 90s when it was just local knowledge).

I’ve seen a few Ayrshire sites disappear over the years with demolition or development, but other ones have appeared in more recent times. Have a search about online and you’ll find out about them.

Good luck!