real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds Asylum - Menston - August 15 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds Asylum - Menston - August 15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was the morgue an old woman told us where to find it, you can tell it was the morgue all the window are bricked up and there's a cremation bit and you can see where the autopsy table was and the drains, you can even see the rooms where they stored the bodies which had a sign on the door saying death between such amount of years, it was still a good thing to look around but it's pointless in going as there is like 10% to see as 90% has been converted.
Have you got any photies of the morgue?

Shepesky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The building you were in was the admin block, patients only went there to eat or to the ball room. The "slabs" down in the cellars there were actually cold stores which were used to prepare food. There was a farm on the estate and animals were used for food , so the area does look like a mortuary but it wasn't. In the same building, there was accommodation for the matron and chief medical officer. Also a bank, library , dispensary, shop, hairdressers , and reception and board rooms , the main one having the ornate stone fireplace. There were also lots of admin offices and records storage . The kitchen , stores and dining room were at the rear of this building. The railway used to access the stores area at one time , bringing in coal and supplies. As said , the mortuary is long gone and the equipment , I believe is in a museum in Leeds .

Shepesky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Isn't my 5th photo of the morgue? We found 3 different rooms like this but only took the photo of this one.

Also @Shepesky is this the one you found my tri-pod in?
Yes that's where it was but its not the mortuary, it's a cold storage, prep area for meat and food .

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The mortuary isn't well gone, it's at the end of high Royds drive with new sandstone bricks in tbe windows. Tbe other side is in the construction site. I think you can still get in but it's been stripped. I have a full map of the hospital and that bricked up building low level with skylight is the morgue.
Just thought I'd say....

Shepesky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's gone in as much as it's not recognisable really anymore. Point is the slabs in the admin block are not mortuary slabs . I too have a map and have read lots about the place. The old mortuary building is in the male side opposite the burnsall and Norwood building , behind what was the nurses home and pharmacy .

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's gone in as much as it's not recognisable really anymore. Point is the slabs in the admin block are not mortuary slabs . I too have a map and have read lots about the place. The old mortuary building is in the male side opposite the burnsall and Norwood building , behind what was the nurses home and pharmacy .
Correct.

Ryan123

Bolton ladd
28DL Full Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg