real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds Asylum, Menston | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds Asylum, Menston

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

snappel

BMW 4 LIFE
28DL Full Member
Together with Damon, Syme and Mini we got a load more done today, including the Forensic Unit and clock tower. We found doors left opened that shouldn't have been, heras fencing propped up... some people have no idea.

Arrived about 10am with Damon and had a look round admin, found the gated corridor and then met Mini and Syme who turned up an hour later. Interestingly in the main corridor there were big puddles of water - the cause we soon found out... In the main hall, Syme came in from the gated corridor having spotted someone through the skylight. Going back to investigate, we could see a knee resting on the frosted glass. Who was it? Lots of cracking and banging provided the answer - a filthy pikey. He'd been stripping the lead flashing and so creating water leaks.

We decided to try and scare him off, make him think there were guards inside so Syme shouted. He paused for a second then ran off across the roof. Heading for 'higher ground' to get a better view, we managed to access the clocktower, and we could see him again on another bit of roof. Soon after he disappeared and we didn't see him again. As Syme commented, a rifle would've been very useful today! Clock tower was amazing though, just a shame the original W.M. Potts clock had been stripped out and replaced with an electronic unit.

Back outside, we looked at the front ward block that's just being stripped for conversion. The row of cells was excellent, and it was interesting to see other wooden cell doors with small round spy-holes in them. The other stripped wards we didn't bother with, choosing to go and visit the mortuary instead. This done, and it was round the front, and into the Forensics Unit. This ward had been modernised, but was virtually untouched by the developers. It had been used for dog training though.

Finally another smaller ward for 'less severe' cases, part of the main corridor and it was back to admin for a photo of the front of the building and then time to leave.

DSC_0151.jpg

DSC_0270.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0310.jpg

DSC_0283.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0016a.jpg

DSC_0020a.jpg

DSC_0028a.jpg

DSC_0032a.jpg

DSC_0066a.jpg

DSC_0052a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Damon

Re: High Royds Asylum, Menston - REPORT

Go on, I'll bang a few up here. Not to my usual strict Quality Control standards, as I'm about 5 minutes away from lobbing this crappy bloody laptop at the wall, but what the hell......

A very good day, glad I decided to make the trip over again.

Clocktower.

28minuteslater.jpg

Fireplace in the hall.

carved.jpg

Clock faces. I've got loads of shots of these to sift through.

clock1.jpg

Corridor Junction.

corridors.jpg

Gas Tap in the mortuary.

Gastap.jpg

The Gate

Gate.jpg

Syme and Mini.

minisyme.jpg

Mortuary.

mortuary.jpg

Don't ask.....

probe.jpg

Tower stairs.

stairs.jpg

And an unconventional group shot to finish.

Group.jpg