real time web analytics
Report - - High Royds, Menston, 15/9/07 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - High Royds, Menston, 15/9/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Damon

Took a trip up to sunny Menston today with R1 and Saul, and hooking up with Dr Gibbo. First off, many thanks to BenWRX and Snappel for their assistance :thumb

It was early afternoon by the time we managed to get to High Royds. On approach we could see very little activity on-site, and it soon became clear that the contractors had clocked off for the day.

Having walked the perimeter whilst we waited for a couple of locals to move on, we made the mortuary our first port of call. That slab is certainly a beast. I can only assume they had some serious XXL patients, or liked to process them in pairs. Such a shame the fridges were stripped out inside.

Slab.jpg

Morgue1.jpg

Morgue2.jpg

Once the children had finished playing with the slab, we moved onto Admin. It doesn't matter how many pics you see of this place, actually seeing it infront of your eyes is awe inspiring. I really really hope that this area is preserved during conversion, as it is truly timeless.

We made our way in and out numerous times to see as much as we could, including the gated corridor which was a bonus. Despite every effort, the tower is truly locked down, which is one heck of a disappointment. But with everything else we've seen, the result was a big positive.

A word of advice for anyone thinking of heading over. This is NOT a walk in the park, even if the place is deserted. It is a very physical explore. If you aren't up to some serious bending and climbing, don't waste your time.

Arch.jpg

Radiator.jpg

Fireplace.jpg

Hall.jpg

HallWall.jpg

Gated.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Damon

Re: High Royds, Menston, 15/9/07 - REPORT

Cheers guys n gals.

Definately one of the best UE experiences of the year for me. When I saw the gate from the other side of the door pictured to the left of the group shot above, I made it my mission to find a way to get there. Success!

Even so, unfinished business with High Royds ;)

A few more shots, since the rest of the mob are taking their time :p

Window.jpg

WideMorgue.jpg

Stained.jpg

GatedCorridor.jpg

corridor.jpg

11.jpg