real time web analytics
Report - - Hodgsons Miil Robertsbridge, March 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hodgsons Miil Robertsbridge, March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Motouker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Second explore of day with a mate, weather not good heavy rain. At first sight impressed with size of main building, loved the brickwork. Didn’t venture upstairs in the main building first third of stairs missing and was soaking wet, pretty happy with what we got.
The mill was previously called Scats which made animal feed and flour, the flour was affectionately called pride of Sussex.
Due to the mill needing a major overhaul because of new regulations the owners decided to sell up, taken over by animal feed company.
The mill closed in 1999, it has since had planning permission granted for house, I believe the main building is grade 11 listed so will hopefully be saved.
Barring weather an enjoyable nose.

Last edited:

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
It wasnt a bad explore years back, still had the factory bolted on to the back, stunk though.

Chloe Explores

https://instagram.com/chloeurbex
28DL Full Member
We took a quick revisit as we was driving through Robertsbridge a few weeks ago. The mill was sealed, only the other buildings and caravans were accessible. Nice snaps!

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
I had heard from someone recently this was sealed when they tried to visit. I didnt think it would last long given that its pretty remote and easy enough to pull a door open again. Im suprised its not been flattened or burnt out yet.

Motouker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I had heard from someone recently this was sealed when they tried to visit. I didnt think it would last long given that its pretty remote and easy enough to pull a door open again. Im suprised its not been flattened or burnt out yet.
It seems to me that due to what goes on there going by the caravans, it’s being put to a use....lol

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have done this twice in the past month. I know some parts are no longer accessible inside due to weather damage but its nice to see a report that is recent to when I went and see someone else's photographic perspective on the place!! Might have to do a report myself on my recent visits now! Great pictures though, will be interesting to see what actually happens to this place tbh!

Motouker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have done this twice in the past month. I know some parts are no longer accessible inside due to weather damage but its nice to see a report that is recent to when I went and see someone else's photographic perspective on the place!! Might have to do a report myself on my recent visits now! Great pictures though, will be interesting to see what actually happens to this place tbh!
Thanks appreciated, look forward to your report.

Motouker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ahhh I didnt know of these caravans up there. I visited a few years ago and there was no one around.
There are a couple on site pretty much wrecked, looks like they have been used for drug taking going by the artwork .....lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 221) View details