real time web analytics
Report - - Holwell Pumping Station..Melton Mowbray, December 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holwell Pumping Station..Melton Mowbray, December 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Was heading up to Scotland for the Christmas holidays, I was stopping overnight halfway up so wanted something to see on the way up. This seemed a nice location and not to far out of the way. Pulling up I got out and took the short stroll around the reservoir to the old pump house, the newer replacement one sits next to it gushing out water. It’s a lovely location and the little pump house is really nice with a few little remnants outside. Around the back of the working pump house is all sorts of old pipes and that. And also in some woodland is a pair of sluice gates. It was a really wet and very windy day driving up here, luckily the rain stopped enough. But the wind was getting stronger and was a bit edgy inside the pump house wondering if anything might fall. I was starting to lose the light quickly as well. I did not see anyone around except a dog walker. There seems to be no history to be found on this place, but obviously the newer station continues to do the same job. Not sure if it is prone to flooding around there and the water is pumped back into the reservoir. Or to feed the former iron works factory what was nearby.

the rear of the pumping house, the overgrowth was so nice. The extreme wind and a bit longer exposure on tge photos was playing havoc with my shots.

IMG_5356.jpeg

IMG_5357.jpeg

IMG_5358.jpeg

IMG_5359.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5363.jpeg

IMG_5364.jpeg

IMG_5365.jpeg

IMG_5366.jpeg

Some shots on a vintage Pentax lens with some Fuji in camera film recipes.

IMG_5372.jpeg

IMG_5369.jpeg

IMG_5373.jpeg

IMG_5370.jpeg

IMG_5374.jpeg

IMG_5375.jpeg

IMG_5376.jpeg

The sluice gates.

IMG_5377.jpeg

IMG_5378.jpeg

IMG_5379.jpeg

Some of the old pipe work around the rear of the newer station.

IMG_5380.jpeg

IMG_5381.jpeg

IMG_5382.jpeg

IMG_5383.jpeg

IMG_5384.jpeg

The reservoir.

IMG_5385.jpeg

IMG_5386.jpeg

IMG_5387.jpeg

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely shot. Always liked this one. It's a shame the big new station next to it isn't derelict and open. Bet that's got some nice equipment inside.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great to see your take on this place mate - surprised you hadn't been years ago! I like the film simulations too, assuming that's what a few of them pics were. Yeah, I believe the pump house originally served the old iron works here.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great to see your take on this place mate - surprised you hadn't been years ago! I like the film simulations too, assuming that's what a few of them pics were. Yeah, I believe the pump house originally served the old iron works here.
Cheers mate. Just one of them places I have not really been near. Yeah the ones I stated on a Pentax lens were Fuji recipes or simulations as some call them.