real time web analytics
Report - - Holwell Pumping Station and Reservoir, Leicestershire - November 2022 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Holwell Pumping Station and Reservoir, Leicestershire - November 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
I first visited this place over a year ago with @V50jake however I did not have my camera at the time and I really liked the place, so I wanted to re-visit with the camera and get a report up on it.

History & Information
There are two pumping stations next to each other on the site. The older one is disused and consists of a small brick building covered in ivy inside and out. The interior consists of a selection of cast pipes in addition to a wall-mounted gauge among a few other things.

The main larger pumping station is still very much in use and has a multitude of pipes running from the rear of the building. I’d imagine many of these pipes date back quite a few years as according to a source online, the purpose of the pumping station was to provide a water supply to the old Iron Works nearby which began operating in 1881.

The reservoir is now used by Holwell Angling Club for private fishing but from my understanding, the area is public access.

The Explore
The visit was very relaxed. I arrived early on a Sunday morning and there were several members fishing and although I looked out of place with my camera and tripod, no one seems at all bothered that I was present.

Onto the photos…

The older derelict pumping station…

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

IMG_4439-HDR.jpg

The sluice gates

9.jpg

10.jpg

The newer pumping station. The disused one is just to the left of the new one in the photo.

11.jpg

And a few other pics...

12..jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice take on the place, really like the look of this one. Nice to see you and Jake still banging up the reports. Keep it up.

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
These came out well! I really liked this place. My photos from here were absolutely shite tho. Shame someone has graffiti'd one of the pipes.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Really nice shots there. The pipes look chunky and I love the colour of them against the ivy.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice report
I went here when tehre was a fishing comp going on lol, they were happy enough for me to go for a wander though.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice take on the place, really like the look of this one. Nice to see you and Jake still banging up the reports. Keep it up.
Thank you mate, have you been to this one? Got plenty more reports to come!

These came out well! I really liked this place. My photos from here were absolutely shite tho. Shame someone has graffiti'd one of the pipes.
Cheers mate, yeah I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Getting some better photos is always a good excuse to go back next time you/we go up that way.

Really nice shots there. The pipes look chunky and I love the colour of them against the ivy.
Thanks Jane, I liked the old pipes and the ivy makes the place look really pretty.

Nice report
I went here when tehre was a fishing comp going on lol, they were happy enough for me to go for a wander though.
Thanks mate, haha really at least they didn't mind you looking around.

Superbly captured, 👍🏻 got a proper Chernobyl vibe off them photos.
Thank you!