real time web analytics
Report - - Horsebridge Mill – Hailsham – Oct 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Horsebridge Mill – Hailsham – Oct 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mockney reject

Staff member
The History

I couldn’t really find much out about this place and only found it when I was looking for Hellingly Asylum. Here’s what I did find out:-

This old mill was built circa 1900, but its history is scant..There was a fire between 1908 and 1910, when the mill was rebuilt as a large roller mill..The last owner is listed as Mill Precision Engineers, who occupied the newer buildings opposite.

The Explore

As I said above I found this whilst looking for something else and was glad I spotted it. Having had search for it since I have seen a few other reports on it.

The place is pretty trashed but mad for some great pics, the old water wheel around the back is a lovely feature. It’s defiantly worth looking at while you are in the area.

Enjoy the pics

DSC_1919_zpswnoixxjt.jpg

DSC_1938_zps8dskvlcf.jpg

DSC_1920_zpsgsewq6zk.jpg

DSC_1912_zpsmtvr110u.jpg

DSC_1911_zpstiq4ggfc.jpg

DSC_1907_zpskdqgvlmo.jpg

DSC_1899_zps8disvbwl.jpg

DSC_1896_zps9quihxi8.jpg

DSC_1888_zpsp5vesfyl.jpg

DSC_1885_zpsijnsluee.jpg

DSC_1882_zpsc5ybj1mz.jpg

DSC_1874_zps4m8nygxp.jpg

DSC_1873_zps3rsp9rjp.jpg

DSC_1871_zpsh8ziezfi.jpg

DSC_1870_zps1pv1f33u.jpg

DSC_1864_zpshlnslwna.jpg

DSC_1863_zpscnb4d4n3.jpg

DSC_1860_zpsekf6phdg.jpg

DSC_1857_zps7irmewdq.jpg

DSC_1855_zpsksohjsl8.jpg

DSC_1852_zpsnwtjrtip.jpg

DSC_1847_zpsbcyai3m1.jpg

DSC_1843_zpscur7zniq.jpg

DSC_1833_zpsxzy5kksv.jpg

DSC_1832_zpsoba37hlq.jpg

DSC_1829_zpsohzuiiij.jpg

DSC_1826_zpsylbvjh6l.jpg

DSC_1825_zpskwfqzztl.jpg

DSC_1822_zpsfr7h6grp.jpg

DSC_1815_zpsbwggfqgh.jpg

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Just down the road from my house this is, poor old place looking sorry for itself now.

Taliesin Bourne

Specsy
28DL Full Member
Ha Ha, went here and a few other places. took a few pictures some pretty good ones at that. walked around the outside as it looks really dangerous inside, but who should i see bu the Youtuber Joe Weller filming a video so the trip was a success. defiantly going there again.

Taliesin Bourne

Specsy
28DL Full Member
ha ha i guessed you wouldnt know. a youtuber called joe weller. funny guy. does some weird things but does abandoned building exploration recently. worth watching some of his videos. if you have a humor like mine youll find them funny.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
He's a Grade A tit, who ponces locations & never gives credit, currently doing a good job of getting sites locked down over sussex,, should stick to funny videos & knock exploring on the head in my view.

Taliesin Bourne

Specsy
28DL Full Member
hfffft (thats supposed to represent the rapid suction of air through ones mouth) i sense a bit of hatred in your post. well at least he is not destroying the place. many places are locked down because kids go in and destroy trash them.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Haha, no i dont hate him, some of his stuff is amusing, its the massive following he has that does the damage, a good example is Homestead Hellingly, have a look how many you tubers followed his foot steps into "Joe wellers Lunatic Asylum" this is a sight that's been open for 20 years, after his video they bricked up the windows & sealed the place.

Regarding asking for acsess I know for a fact that's what he does & never gives anything back, not from me personally but other explorers.

But saying all that I do wonder who are any of us to hate on what others do, at the end of the day these places are abandoned, weather people smash them, tag them, video them or photograph them it's not really anyones business other than the owners. :)

Taliesin Bourne

Specsy
28DL Full Member
ha ha yeah i agree with you. whilst visiting this mill i had a quick trip to helingly. shame theres only the church and the building next to the church left. at least, that all i could find (i didnt travel down the road marked private road so im not sure if there are more down there). my dad can remember training in one of the building and during their lunch break he and a few others would walk down the road and just explore the buildings that where not being used. lucky him.