real time web analytics
General - - Hull docks - Lord line area | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Hull docks - Lord line area

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The building is in a poor place to redevelop, it's right next door to working yards which are not pleasing to the eye.

What they should have done was kept everything when it was all still there and converted the lot, Albert dock style. Instead Hull have demolished both their fishing docks and built shopping centres on them!

I agree with the above, the fruit market is another example of empty promises in the city... five years on the place is still a dump despite the promise of regeneration which is allegedly why they drove the fruit guys out in the first place!

BoB Brewer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for all your support. There are plans afoot to develop the land infront of the Lord Line building that is actually a filled in dock at the moment. The plans involve re-excavating the dock and re-instating the lock gates into the river. If approved, the project with have a fishing heritage element for visitors and a number of non-retail units again with a fishing theme. Here's hoping!!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
They"d be better off dragging the last beam trawler out of the mud in the River and sticking that in the Dock TBH at least it"d actually get some attention for once.

I was under the impression there was a Lock before entering the basin ? which is by the road now. Which it what you need to raise whatever Vessel into the basin itself ?

As for the gates into the River, most of the mech seems to still be there, but unsure as to the state of the gates themselves below the mud-line ? could possibly be repaired if say the heels are shot but probably require a new set if they were to be used (for what purpose ?) but a new set would be a substantial investment so probably better leaving them.
If you excavate the River lock you still have the constant supply of mud waiting to come in from the River (if you they were to make it a usable Dock area ) plus the H&S aspects of a water filled Dock as indeed you would have with an empty Dock if they built a solid wall to prevent water coming in from the River.

I can"t remember the Timber sizes, but for 2 sets of basic gates with the large size of Timber they contain you"d be looking @ minimum of 40K plus fitting costs & any mech" requirements etc etc

And i"d suggest the Sewer pipe discharging into the River needs sorting out by the Chinese as well :)