real time web analytics
Report - - Hulme Flume, Manchester- December 2011. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hulme Flume, Manchester- December 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Hulme Flume, Manchester

Ojay/Rookinella/Havoc

When it rains..

HULME - Home of the gun wielding chav, this place is one big shit-hole, that's right this ghetto is also home to one of the best drains around

How this place has evaded me for so long beggars belief!!!

The more I looked at pics the more I decided this was by far the best system ever discovered in Manc.. Period!

All I needed to do now was see it for myself :bananapopcorn

Constructed in 1913 Manchester's largest CSO comprises the following:

A 2.5m brick arch overflow, 2 medium sized penstock balancers (P10) (P11), 2 smaller 2.6m trunks and one hooj Penstock/CSO chamber (P12) home to the 4m Davyhulme 'B' Outfall Sewer

This Century old drain is capable of carrying 12 tonnes a second of rainwater/shit away from the city centre at full capacity

After 4 long nights rinsing Manchester, I decided it was time Rooks finally dealt with some p00p

(In case anyone hasn't noticed Rookinella doesn't do drains, let alone sewers, and no doubt never again after this experience) MWAH HA HA HA HA!!!

With the road adequately barricaded Havoc played wingman whilst we climbed 32ft down the age old step irons

It's been a good while since I have ventured into the 'fresh' so this had to be a worthwhile venture...

FINALLY!!!! I wasn't disappointed, this place is fucking sick :thumb

City Engineers Construction

1.jpg

2.5m Brick Arch Overflow

9_2.jpg

3.jpg

Heading Upstream there are two smaller Penstock/Overflow chambers which house 2 smaller 2.6m Trunks

P10

4.jpg

P11

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

7.jpg
8.jpg

After much slippin' & Slidin' in the afterbirth of a sewer you come to the end of the line, this is where you find the EpicZ

10.jpg

P12 - This is one huge overflow chamber which houses the biggest Penstock ever seen

11.jpg

4m Of WIN - Davyhulme 'B' Outfall Sewer

12.jpg

Time to climb up and take a closer look at some of Manchester finest rapid flowing nuggets..

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Shouts to Rooks & Havoc, was a great way to end one hell of a clusterfuck of a week-END. :thumb

Last edited: