real time web analytics
Report - - I’m back: power station part 2 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - I’m back: power station part 2

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Aight if you remember my last post, I lied. Power station part 2 guys. And sadly, this time I can’t be bothered with the history of it as I did all that in my last post and there’s nowt really to update it on, and as there’s nowt much new (if anything there’s less), it may be shorter. Les go

the good new:

So first of all, I’m going to go over some of the new photos I found. Quite a while ago I found new pictures of the area in use, and some outstanding pictures of the conveyor belt when it was intactish. As I can’t post the conveyor pictures (they aren’t mine, and I’m doing this on my phone so I’ll lose all this text), if you go to Neolithic Sea and type into the search bar ‘hartshead power station, you’ll find them. For the old pictures:

These photos are from Roger Farnworth, and no they aren’t mine, you can find the rest of them on his website as I’m trying to shorten this as much as possible

once again, these aren’t mine, most were sent by my mates who found them off Facebook, and that last one I found off Reddit god knows how long ago, so apologies for not crediting anyone here (As much as I wish I knew who they were from, especially that last one)

that’s pretty much it for old pics. Fun things time

my biggest fan

Finally got a size comparison pic

Finally climbed down here, entrance is done in now though as the concrete chunks over it had a bit of an ice skate and now it’s covered pretty much. Glad I went in when I did, and I didn’t go in prior not because I was scared, but because every time I considered it I got shouted at by my mate lol, dirty in there however so I don’t recommend it if you want to keep your backside clean

On my most recent visit, decided to climb switch box with my mate. Nearly fell backwards but danger is half the fun. As for my mate, she is not included here

Climbed this, which was stupid at the time considering 5 minutes prior I had sunk into mud that went past my bloody knee, so slipping on several occasions and essentially dangling from that step was enjoyable. And unlike the cooling tower system, I didn’t go up prior as I was being a wuss about it

Definitely haunted

Me being stupid and trying to squat, nearly fell back several times

A photo I had been meaning to get for a long time, but always forgot to. I still forgot to, me friend got that one when we went

Annoyingly I can’t add videos so I’ll probably just post it on YouTube and link it, but turns out one of those huge doors in the control building can open and close, we sat there for about half and hour doing so, probably broke it by accident in the process

and sadly that’s the end of the good news, not much more happy stuff has happened here, and I’m out of space for more photos so I’ll carry this on, give me a few minutes

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Aight time for part 2, 2: second mug of coffee, les go

To put it simple, don’t bother with the underground conveyor anymore. Unless you’re Eddie hall and willing to lift a 1x2x2 meter concrete block, plus digging out the remains of the mud in the stairs, forget it existed

If you live locally, then you’ll know of the horrible flood that happened there, the staircase was completely covered and the hopper inside was flooded too deep even for waders. Plus, the conveyor that went further out is completely covered over, I assume the flood uncovered a load of debris considering how much of it was everywhere at the time, as the large entrance is nonexistent at this point. I’ll show a pic of after the flood then after the cleanup (sadly no good photos of mentioned concrete block)

After cleanup (block in background)

After the flood, you can tell how bad it is considering the 2 GIANT concrete track beds that seemed so effortlessly moved there

Now if youre wondering why I’m showing a picture of rubble, this is what it was

So yeah, whatever was down there certainly isn’t being seen anytime soon if ever, sorry freshfingers for not using the waders whilst I could

And if you’re wondering why I don’t take the conveyor exit, it’s completely filled in, and whilst I did try and remove several concrete parts I couldn’t get anywhere near the tunnel, so yeah that’s a lost cause

Part 3: vandalism
If you know this site you’ll know of spring bank mill. The large building on grove road next to where the viaduct was. To put it simple, it burnt down after arsonists set it alight. No clue when that was but it was a shame considering I planned to go there to look inside a week before it burnt down. I believe they may make houses there now

It’s just flattened now sadly. Not seeing inside any time soon.

So, a very dismal end to what was a very cool place. At this point it’s more just to go to for fun then it is a proper explore like it was. Several smaller things that I’m too tired to go over have been removed, such as walls and electrical components so anything that made it very interesting is removed now. Hell of a lot of fun to go to and have a mooch around though, plus some guy set up a 100m shooting range that I’ll definitely use sometimes soon so thats fun too.

so, I feel like it’s a shame to not have more to post, so I’ll just add any pics I find interesting

Have a good day guys, enjoy your explores, I’ll probably make a report on unity mill but I’ll need the motivation to even bother