real time web analytics
Report - - Inchgarvie Island- Firth of Forth-Summer 2008 | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Inchgarvie Island- Firth of Forth-Summer 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

325er

Not sure if this is in the right category as this island has a few things on it.
Inchkeith Island has a history dating back to the 12th century and through its time was used as quarantine for sufferers of syphilis in 1497 all the way up to defending the rail bridge and rosyth dockyard in the two world wars. Theres loads more history on the wiki site as i would be here for hours listing it all!
A short horror film was shot here in 2007 called "Island" in conjunction with film4, its on their site in the depths of some up & coming directors category somewhere.

Was totally blown away by this place never even knew it existed until about a week before going.
BILD0009-1.jpg

Making our way there.

BILD0020.jpg

Umbrella wasnt for rain it was because of the seagulls attacking us!

BILD0013.jpg

BILD0081.jpg

BILD0021.jpg

BILD0022.jpg

BILD0039.jpg

BILD0061.jpg

Old fortress i think.
BILD0065.jpg

BILD0068.jpg

One of the entrances to the many undrground tunnels.

BILD0069.jpg

BILD0070.jpg

Going deeper underground.

BILD0075.jpg

BILD0083.jpg

Hope you like the photos, theres lots ive missed but couldnt take it all in in the time i was there. Ive got a few other pics if anybody wants to see them. P.S I dont know much about military stuff so if i missed something important i apologise.:eek:

325er

Re: Inchkeith Island- Firth of Forth-Summer 2008

Thanks for the comments guys:) Inchgarvie! thats the one. Couldnt remember what it was called. Thought i better add few more pics as these are a bit different from the ones in the first post.

BILD0072.jpg

This was in the small hut in the first set of pics.

BILD0031.jpg

BILD0027.jpg

BILD0087.jpg

BILD0047.jpg

Lighthouse keepers living quarters, not much else to see in here.

These next pics are to do with the lighthouse and were much newer buildings.
BILD0044.jpg

BILD0034.jpg

BILD0035-1.jpg

Even though all these buildings are on an island there was STILL a fair bit of vandalism.:mad: No matter were you go theres always some damage.