real time web analytics
Report - - Interzone 3 , Sheffield , summer 2022 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Interzone 3 , Sheffield , summer 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As the thread title says this was my 3rd visit to Interzone had been meaning to get it fully finished for ages but always put it off , one of reasons was the back destroying stoop the other being the night i posted interzone 2 my father passed away so it was not a place i wanted to return to ! fast forward a time and deciding to put it to bed so to speak i geared myself up mentally and headed back to one of the more less appealing parts of the city of sheffield . Im going to skip the entrance pics and catch up were i left of before on previous reports on Interzone 2 i went of up the right hand tunnel this time i headed straight ahead after a short time of the same old culvert it then opened up in to 6ft tall brick pipe which was a nice surprise All good things things come to an end the 6ft tall pipe now dropped down to 1200mm shallow brick arch sorry about the crappy pic next pic looking back downstream needless to mention i was on the trolley cart as this was tight, a split in the culvert i carried on up the left tunnel and a change in styles back to stone sides and brick arched roof next pic a change in styles to stone arch there was a CSO on the right there was daylight above me on the next pic i could also hear people talking outside would love to know were abouts above ground this was ! moving on again i finally came to the end of the drain there was 2x 600mm brick pipes i am pretty sure these take the water from crabtree dam , About turn and returned to were the pipe split previously this time going up the right hand tunnel this picks up the water from longley park and the culvert goes under the northern and general hospital well in its grounds . Next pic looking downstream strange culvert this ! another section you could stand upright in there was now a small section of RCP pipe this keyhole section goes on up to longley park was hoping to at least see daylight of the end oh well about turn and start the very long route back out had 2 rats to keep me company on the way back they went of down the smaller tunnel to the right well im glad to say im finished with interzone and to be honest i dont think i ever want to go back thanks for viewing :thumb Have had trouble posting on this new format cant get the pics to go inbetween the words !!!

P5250102.JPG

P5250122.JPG

P5250103.JPG

P5250121.JPG

P5250104.JPG

P5250112.JPG

P5250120.JPG

P5250114.JPG

P5250107.JPG

P5250106.JPG

P5250111.JPG

P5250109.JPG

P5250110.JPG

P5250108.JPG

P5250119.JPG

P5250117.JPG

P5250118.JPG

P5250124.JPG

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Good effort mate and bonus I can enjoy your pics of more of Sheffield's stoopfest from the comfort of my computer :p

Keep at it and glad you managed to make it back.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Dedication! There's no way I'm going that far, it's tooooo painful.

Also sorry to read about your dad.

'I walked through the city limits (someone talked me in to it)
Attracted by some force within it (had to close my eyes to get close to it)'

- Interzone, Joy Division

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Cheers tarky really was a stoopfest was hoping I might get out up the side of the hospital but it got to small was a long way as well absolutely knackered the next day was strange as it went to 6 ft and above in places but that low roof in pic 5 was a killer safe to say I won't be returning lpl

Parky

The Devil Is in the Details
Regular User
oh wow, you have absolutely destroyed this one mate now i dont need to go :lol ill definitely have a visit one day here, but no where near as far as you! good effort as usual :<3

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Sorry to read this about your father, sincere condolences. Re the report, cracking, well done on getting this finished. Nice to see it in its entirety.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
oh wow, you have absolutely destroyed this one mate now i dont need to go :lol ill definitely have a visit one day here, but no where near as far as you! good effort as usual :<3
you should have a look at it the first bit isnt that bad but the further you go it gets smaller but it does open back up again it was the hardest explore i have ever done was on my own as well its a shame you cant get out at the other end as it makes it even harder because your doing it twice