real time web analytics
Report - - Irwell Excursion - Manchester - Nov 2013 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Irwell Excursion - Manchester - Nov 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nickindroy

A Porky Prime Cut
Regular User
Irwell Excursion - Manchester - Nov 2013

On a cold night, late in the two thousand and thirteens, taking inspiration from Last of the Summer Wine, Ojay, FreshFingers and myself set about sailing a stretch of the Irwell. On a boat trip, earlier that year, some plods had been chucking rocks at the vessel and as we started to pump the boat up, it was apparent that we had a puncture, luckily I had some gaffer tape and we slowed it the fuck down. We took FF's pump with us to give it a few blasts occasionally. Fine?

What with Ojay's knowledge of the area, FF's fantastic transport and my..erm. Ok, I was video bitch. We popped in Prime and Chizel Ma Nizzle en route, which is all I have pictures of, the rest being screen grabs. I think the video sums the evening up quite well, as, for me, pictures are all well and good, but nothing takes you back there, like footage. I'm sure Ojay has some stuff off his GoPro he might get around to doing something with one day. :D Much fun.

17+ minutes may seem a little long for a vidclip, but I had nearly 1 1/2 hours to edit down. If you cba, I fully understand, just whiz to 7 minutes and give it quick watch. Cheers. :thumb

The Video

[video=youtube;kDkNRiA2QzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDkNRiA2QzM[/video]

01_zps0bde69d9.jpg

02Copy_zpsd9ce3956.jpg

03_zps2d1ebc92.jpg

04_zps15797976.jpg

05_zps05f878e4.jpg

06_zps7d01b2aa.jpg

07_zpsa0a59b9c.jpg

08Copy_zps9866e2fd.jpg

09Copy_zpsb7fee6eb.jpg

10Copy_zps73a16284.jpg

11_zps53f2d9ef.jpg

12_zps7dfb7e19.jpg

19_zpsfdbac23b.jpg

...and home.

20_zps846cac0d.jpg

Thanks for looking people. :thumb

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Superb stuff, was a funny night that mate, can't believe how long ago it was now :thumb

16 mins in was funny too when the boat got stuck on the silt in that lock, good job didn't walk too far as it went very deep rather quick!

I agree with the video aspect, one day I might get around to doing something with all the crap I keep accumulating here and there :D

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Think I may need a kronie or 2 to watch the video, but great pics and looks a fun filled trip down the Irwell :D