real time web analytics
Report - - Sigma Soap (Irwell Vale, Lancashire, Apr, 2021) | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Sigma Soap (Irwell Vale, Lancashire, Apr, 2021)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice

Your "counter" is a display panel for a bell system. When the push is depressed it rings the bell on top to draw your attention, and the indicator shows which of the three rooms whats attention.
Quite clever things. The red bits behind the display hang from fine wire. When the bell sounds its drawn to one side by electro magnet, so it jiggles about when the magnet goes off.

That window is a nice touch.
Thought you would know what it was!

Melusinasdream73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Doesn't look like it's a good redevelopment though. Unsustainable by experts opinions and I agree. Sad. More unaffordable homes with no easy access. 30% allegedly affordable homes.

A brilliant report. Thanks. Great photos

Melusinasdream73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was born in Wythenshawe myself. Been down South mostly since 1977. Am currently redoing my ancestry owing to being hacked. Last week I found a document that one of my father's ancestors was a wholesale soap manufacturer in or near the greater Manchester area early last century. Then I found this report! I have absolutely no idea if it was nearby but it seems Lever and Pears pretty much squeezed everyone else out of the market for profit probably via nepotism. I now understand why my mother taught me how to make soaps. Thank you. You actually made my weekend

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Your never going to have an 'affordable' home there, it's the idil. If you want affordable you go live in Boltonstan

Melusinasdream73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Affordable Housing Scheme is a very serious lie costing lives owing to the vast Homelessness from Austerity Measures and now the Pandemic that has been deliberately used to wipe out heritage areas via leaving tens of thousands of properties abandoned until land prices went nuts then gentrification moving in plus the damage to the actual ecosystem by building essentially the Bauhaus Nightmare builds exactly like Wythenshawe and Grenfell Tower. See the building industry reviews on the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and Greenwashing and the awesome Sofia Solidarity Centre Great Portland Street squat in Fitzrovia London that I participated in during The Beast From The East March 2018 including the Streets Kitchen allies including the owner of Canary Magazine who outted the scandal so much that we were threatened by riot police after gaining a legal stay of execution on an eviction merely to save a few hundred lives a few more days. Consequently I learnt yesterday that some of the volunteers and several of the Homeless who joined us there died the following week when it was evicted. See The Bureau of Investigate journalists for article on Homeless deaths investigation by them.

Melusinasdream73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The Affordable Housing Scheme is a very serious lie costing lives owing to the vast Homelessness from Austerity Measures and now the Pandemic that has been deliberately used to wipe out heritage areas via leaving tens of thousands of properties abandoned until land prices went nuts then gentrification moving in plus the damage to the actual ecosystem by building essentially the Bauhaus Nightmare builds exactly like Wythenshawe and Grenfell Tower. See the building industry reviews on the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and Greenwashing and the awesome Sofia Solidarity Centre Great Portland Street squat in Fitzrovia London that I participated in during The Beast From The East March 2018 including the Streets Kitchen allies including the owner of Canary Magazine who outted the scandal so much that we were threatened by riot police after gaining a legal stay of execution on an eviction merely to save a few hundred lives a few more days. Consequently I learnt yesterday that some of the volunteers and several of the Homeless who joined us there died the following week when it was evicted. See The Bureau of Investigate journalists for article on Homeless deaths investigation by them.
Hi all. It's a kind of update. I think I've found the documents screenshot so far. Haven't even had a chance to do introduction owing to tech gremlins, signals & bs corp stuff. Please excuse me. I don't know how to block out the names but I found an app for it. Hope you're well and coping folks. Am grateful to be indoors after being on the streets most of lockdown doing Performance Arts and Advocacy. Found some great locations however had over 24 mobiles with SD cards lisry, broken, stolen or left at places. Still in temporary emergency housing until who knows. It's been wild. So I remembered that my daughter used the site over a decade ago and thought I may find something way better than YouTube blah blah blah. Cheers for the dialogue. It's great to take the boots off and have a quick look when anything is working

Urban C

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yes this place is really cool quite empty with a lot of side rooms, there is and entrance around the back of the building across the field. Worth looking at.

Bpollitt34

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I went in there today, there seems to be some sort of gas chamber with gas release valves and extraction fans built in. Also connected is a lab kept behind some glass windows. Does anyone know what that could be for as it seems strange to have it in a soap factory?

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Nice report. I think the Ramsbottom one may be gone ?? There’s a report Andy K if same place
Here's the link to the Ramsbottom one -

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Very nice.
Despite being mainly empty that's very photogenic.
I particularly like the stained glass window. Let's hope it doesn't end up in a skip when the site is redeveloped.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I went in there today, there seems to be some sort of gas chamber with gas release valves and extraction fans built in. Also connected is a lab kept behind some glass windows. Does anyone know what that could be for as it seems strange to have it in a soap factory?
Air-filtration/conditioning, quality control lab? Just regular stuff you would expect to find in any factory of this sort.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Here's the link to the Ramsbottom one -
Looked like a chunk of that had been demolished last time I went past

Who has read this thread (Total: 295) View details