real time web analytics
Report - - Ivy Bank Mill, Haworth, 30-03-2008 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ivy Bank Mill, Haworth, 30-03-2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AndyM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place was first reported, briefly, by ctghost, who has since vanished, along with his website.:confused: However, I did manage to PM him for the name of the place and I then managed to track down where it was.

This was more of a speculative drive out to Haworth, as I didn't know how old ctghosts pictures were, or how to get in. As it was, access was straightforward so I went for a wander round. The place appears to have had a fire, but as to how long ago, I really don't know. Certainly, access to the upstairs was a non starter, and even if it was, would have been foolish as there's no roof left, and so any flooring is somewhat damp.

I don't know any history of the place, other than that it was established in the late 18th / early 19th century, and it's condition is currently described by the local council as 'ruinous', which I would say is pretty accurate!

Mandatory external shots
DSC_7270.jpg

DSC_7267.jpg

No idea what this was, Bungle will probably know
DSC_7275.jpg

DSC_7282.jpg

DSC_7280.jpg

This pillar didn't look safe. There's going to be another collapse soon I reckon.
DSC_7276.jpg

DSC_7273.jpg

Quite surprised to see some machinery left.
DSC_7295.jpg

DSC_7308.jpg

DSC_7305.jpg

DSC_7293.jpg

Even more surprised to see this wedged precariously between the beams!:eek::eek:
DSC_7296.jpg

The camera struggled to expose this because of the strong backlight, but you can tell it's a big heavy lump!
DSC_7297.jpg

Final exterior
DSC_7331.jpg

If you're going to visit, I'd go soon, as I'm not sure what'll happen first - demolition or collapse if it's own accord!

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details