real time web analytics
Report - - Kassern Eis Hamm Feb 2012 Former West Germany | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kassern Eis Hamm Feb 2012 Former West Germany

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

kingrat

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ok, so not it's real name and it's appeared on here already with it's full title but I'm calling it Eis Hamm because that's the Euroderp way :)

The only non-Soviet base I've ever visited in Germany and I have to say it was actually rather nice. The snow lay thick on the ground and it fell heavily for the entire time we were there. The fact it fell as heavily as it did probably saved us from getting busted as at some points visibility was down to feet rather than yards, so although we spotted Secca he didn't see us stood in the middle of the road! The perimeter fence looked impenetrable and we certainly were not going to be able to climb over it so you can imagine our relief when we found a dirty great hole in it :thumb

Right, history (thanks wiki)

From 1956 until 1970 a Canadian Camp 'Fort Victoria' or otherwise known as Camp 8 included the CAE Station (Radio Canadian Army Europe) It was the first Canadian Radio station in Germany. It was once home to The Royal 22nd Regiment (Royal 22e Régiment). In 1970 the Canadians handed over the Barracks including the Annexing Fort Anne (Camp 7) to the BAOR, The Royal Military Police moved into Vittoria Barracks and the CAE Radio Station the BBC and BFBS. An old rumour intones that whilst handing over the forts to BAOR, the French Canadian Unit wanted to sell off the Ice ring, but BAOR were not interested, they then tried to sell it for a pound just to say they got something for it. But this offer was also refused, The Canadians responded by bulldozing it. The base closed on 20 July 1994.

The approach
DSC_8274_zps6a1c32eb.jpg

Behind the wire
DSC_8276_zpsb7aab2ec.jpg

Dining Hall
DSC_8285_zps1a9936c0.jpg

Bar?
DSC_8287_zpsab10778d.jpg

Accommodation Block
DSC_8291_zpse8dbe957.jpg

St Matthews
DSC_8293_zpsd85c1e7c.jpg

St Matthews
DSC_8296_zpsf67d7e2d.jpg

Cinema
DSC_8324_zpsdefd96dd.jpg

Cinema
DSC_8329_zps14f0e84c.jpg

Again, thanks for looking and plenty more to be seen on ratsnruins.

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details