real time web analytics
Report - - Kay's Soap Works, Ramsbottom - June 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Kay's Soap Works, Ramsbottom - June 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
I saw this posted up in the Leads and Rumours section and headed over to have a look. It's nothing epic, but has a few bits that may be of interest to some people that like this kind of thing.

There are sensors inside. I wasn't sure if they work or not, so after being cautious and hiding for quite some time, not a lot happened so I carried on. Later on, about the time I was finishing up, I heard a bit of commotion outside, so I hid again and in came the owner, accompanied by the police. The police didn't sound very interested and soon left! I returned to my car to find my tyres had been let down - despite having to get the AA to rescue me, I actually found that quite amusing! :wanker

There were some offices over the road which I didn't look at due to the owner/police/tyres situation, might be worth a look if anyone else goes here.

Brief History

Founded over 100 years ago Kay's was a family owned private company as well as one of the oldest established soap manufacturers in the UK. From its Britannia Works Factory in Ramsbottom it supplied private label toilet and household soap to the retail sector.

kays_soap_from_flickr.jpg

External borrowed from Flickr

kays-soap-ramsbottom-23.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-22.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-21.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-20.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-18.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-17.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-19.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-16.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-15.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-14.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-13.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-11.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-7.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-6.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-4.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-5.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-1.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-2.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-12.jpg

Any idea what these old things are?

kays-soap-ramsbottom-9.jpg

kays-soap-ramsbottom-10.jpg

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
Pretty nice that. I wonder if those offices are worth a look. Hopefully they haven't been modernised.