real time web analytics
Report - - Lancaster Moor Asylum - Various Visits - Various Dates | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lancaster Moor Asylum - Various Visits - Various Dates

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

hmltnangel

Banned
Banned
Seeing as The Moor has been enjoying flavour of the month due to redevelopment I think its time to dig these photos up from various trips here that I kept quiet on over the years. Probably about 6 trips in total, between 2008 and 2011, day and night, having fun with the PIRs :D Many episodes of lying under bushes waiting on dogs walking past and praying for them not to notice me or my companions throughout the visits. Many times of having to run through the corridors with security in 'not so hot pursuit' and even the night with the pikies and police ..... all made for interesting trips.

Well most of you know the place, one of the finest looking asylums in the UK, only the North Annexe remained empty until EP decided it was time to give redevelopment the go ahead. The older original building had been converted many any moons ago but still stands just across Quernmore Road pretty much intact from the outside under its new name - Standen Park House.

d926a73e.jpg

And how it looks now....
36a2ec1c.jpg

A few old pics from inside the original block too.....
703b69cd.jpg

b7b92a6f.jpg

Well moving on from there we go back to the North Annexe in all its Neo Gothic glory. An imposing building which sits alongside the M6 that just teases everytime I drove past.
8d1dd4c7.jpg

Everyone also know how awkward an explore this place was with people only getting snippets of the place over its 13 year dereliction. PIRs in every room, very active Security and completely lit up from the outside.
7fca1e49.jpg

I'll get on with some shots of the place now and stop waffling.

The hall from the stage
1628942c.jpg

Looking back at the stage
ac0cb2ea.jpg

What it looked like in its day
09d0b419.jpg

Moving on to Admin

Inside the main entrance
5d61fd11.jpg

Lovely Corridors - no thats not the way in
b5702e11.jpg

Before a trip up the main attraction
ddd48b98.jpg

Past parts of the old clork workings
d00a686c.jpg

To the summit - Looking back over to Standen Park House
d8f8f709.jpg

And the YOI
2c2ae353.jpg

Over the football Pitch
35b8222e.jpg

Ahhhhh that is some tower and some view.

Back inside there are way too many shots to share with you but a selection are below

Love these corridors with the murals
7e28f781.jpg

Stairs
2df16eb4.jpg

Decay
08ca2732.jpg

More decay
e033641f.jpg

Before we run the gauntlet - these stairs lead to security BUT also the Op Theatre...
View attachment 526019

At the bottom
d9b8e125.jpg

And the theatre
245008fd.jpg

Most rooms look identical but a few shots here:
mini-PICT0039.jpg

mini-edit2.jpg

Docs Office
mini-PICT0196.jpg

mini-PICT0198.jpg

Finance
mini-PICT0209.jpg

A few externals to complete the bill
mini-PICT0236.jpg

e03bd6aa.jpg

946b0073.jpg

Bye Bye Moor - You were my favourite Asylum
7b306b82.jpg

Cheers To Riddlers (whose original 2006 Karate kick video made me wanna go :Not Worthy ), Pincheck, Celo, Dazza, Cuban and many others who helped through the years - Cant believe my way in stayed open for so long :)