real time web analytics
Video - - Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum (July 2016) | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Video - Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum (July 2016)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Here is what Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum looks like in 2016.

I was in Lancaster checking out St George's Works Mill (Report Here)

Whilst I was in Lancaster, I thought I may as well have a little look at the Lancaster Moor Lunatic Asylum site, I was expecting it to be nothing but a completely converted building into some new modern apartments but they've retained the exterior very well!

Fudge

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like the eerie sound effects you play whilst talking about capitalism. Makes my ears tingle and I feel fuzzy inside.

LEFT TO ROT........

LeeRielly

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like the eerie sound effects you play whilst talking about capitalism. Makes my ears tingle and I feel fuzzy inside.

LEFT TO ROT........
It's true though matey, it's disappointing to see the building being renovated BUT it's good to see it being somewhat preserved externally.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm puzzled by some things you say in that video, on the one hand you talk about the 'big companies who are only interested in making money out of these old buildings', then go on to say 'the building was left to rot when it was closed'.

If these big companies don't take over these buildings and renovate them (I have to say, it looks like the developers have done a cracking job on this place - much like the developers at High Royds), then these buildings do get left to rot, then a mysterious fire happens and the buildings are knocked down.

I for one would much rather see a place like this sympathetically converted, rather than leave it to become too far gone to do anything with (much like the North Wales Asylum).

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I completely agree with Zer081 ^

I didn't see this place soon enough but I did see the vast majority of the middle and south end, including tunnels and towers before it was too late... it was never going to reopen as a hospital and it's far better to see such a building converted and kept in the landscape.

Scaffolding looks a doddle to climb by the way :p

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details