real time web analytics
Leave Only Footsteps | Books and Media | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Leave Only Footsteps

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Problem is, how are people to know beforehand that you're not one of the haters? :)

I like it. You're never going to be able to portray the widely different reasons we do this, but you've covered why this group do it, which is what matters.

There's no correct way to do this...

analepsis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These people are not very articulate, that's the main problem. Documentaries stand or fall by the input of their subjects and contributors. That questioning intonation gets really annoying really quickly too.

Good effort though.

Schtumple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These people are not very articulate, that's the main problem. Documentaries stand or fall by the input of their subjects and contributors. That questioning intonation gets really annoying really quickly too.

Good effort though.

That was one of my main concerns, it's the major issue when using teenagers, they don't have enough academic knowledge to be able to understand the what's and why's of why they do these things, trust me, I did try to pry it out, but it didn't really yield any usable results, still, as a 15 minute short I'm happy with it.

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
I'm looking to do a secondary piece on the entire compass of urban exploring that's free from the restrictions of university guidance

If your doing this, my advice would be to get yourself to Denbigh Asylum, this would show you the dangours and idiots we tend to come against and there is a good chance you may get people willing to be interviewed of there recent episodes there.

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member
That was one of my main concerns, it's the major issue when using teenagers, they don't have enough academic knowledge to be able to understand the what's and why's of why they do these things, trust me, I did try to pry it out, but it didn't really yield any usable results, still, as a 15 minute short I'm happy with it.

You may want to get in touch with hyper-articulate Bradley Garrett who is completing his Phd on the subject, especially if it's the academic angle you're after. www.placehacking.co.uk

My favourite justification for the hobby - or at least the one that resonates most personally, is on Ben Copper's blog http://www.catchingphotons.co.uk/blog/?page_id=2

the invisableman

Sac magic
28DL Full Member
If your doing this, my advice would be to get yourself to Denbigh Asylum, this would show you the dangours and idiots we tend to come against and there is a good chance you may get people willing to be interviewed of there recent episodes there.

Good point, would be interesting to see a doc with more experienced and slightly older explorers who would no doubt give a little more.

And if if took place in Denbigh then it really would be worth a watch, especially with Beardy and Rambo there

Flubbera87

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N
28DL Full Member
Jeez, how many Denbigh videos do you guys want????

Lol.... :thumb

On the main topic, I really like the video. Each to their own the way they want to "Urbex" and this portray's the way you do it very well. I'm glad I waited for this :)

urbanity

28dl flâneur
28DL Full Member
Not sure there's an BTP aparteid policy in force when it comes to getting busted in the epics?

Winchester

Nicht Normal
28DL Full Member
I did try to reach out to a few urban explorers to get their input on the project and tried to get some sit down/phone interviews with them back in the early pre-production stage, (for research purposes), but sadly I received mostly flat out rude responses, with only one guy offering to talk to me via facebook, but I found him to be very stuck up too and talking to me as if I'd never been on an explore in my life.

I'm gonna assume that's me then, as we had a rather lengthy exchange via facebook?

Schtumple

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm gonna assume that's me then, as we had a rather lengthy exchange via facebook?

Wait you're Ali, didn't know you had a 28DL account, no that wasn't you, I spoke to you more about doing a secondary documentary if I remember rightly? A short 5-10 minute piece on the more philosophical nature of urbex, as you could articulate the reasoning behind it all, you weren't condescending.