real time web analytics
Leave Only Footsteps | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Leave Only Footsteps

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

lil' pezza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my uni friends final piece of coursework, a 15 minute documentary on urban exploring, Please tell me what you think, scrutinize, rip to shreds or compliment. Many thanks :thumb

lil' pezza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
" Leave Only Footsteps is a short 15 minute documentary set around 3 teenagers involvement in urban exploring; the act of entering, documenting and photographing abandoned and derelict buildings.

The doc follows Perry King, Liam Simmons and Jack Udy on various explores of abandoned sites, also giving their opinions and past accounts of ubran exploring adventures." His intro :)

jST

LLS.
Regular User
3:28 "like 28 days later" - "All these people breaking into buildings..." "Really cool..."

:popcorn

Voodoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have to say, the filming and way its done is good, BUT it refer to breaking in etc and shows a lack of understanding of trespass.

Also at about 8.35 that dude is definately breaking something on the roof....

Winchester

Nicht Normal
28DL Full Member
It's a good documentary about that particular group of people, but I don't feel it represents the wider community in any way. You get an idea of what's going on in the heads of those featured, which is a strong point, but it's quite superficial in the whole "I like taking photos, it's oneupmanship and you get the credit on the internet" - I don't buy into that.

Voodoo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just finished watching the whole thing and the filming does look good, up until they get to france then the camera man seems to get parkinson's disease and can't hold the camera steady... Perry needs a haircut!

There documentary part is weak in my opinion... doesn't really discribe UE or why we do it. Also the suggestion that we "break in" does kind of sour the whole thing...

lil' pezza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i have a hair cut :(, I have liberty spikes, but i couldnt put them up for conisistency, and dont blame me, i didnt no editing, i was filmed, then shown the final cut.

Ryno118

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's a good documentary about that particular group of people, but I don't feel it represents the wider community in any way. You get an idea of what's going on in the heads of those featured, which is a strong point, but it's quite superficial in the whole "I like taking photos, it's oneupmanship and you get the credit on the internet" - I don't buy into that.

I couldn't agree with you more. I've explored with some of these guys once and have been going solo ever since as I don't agree with their motives and methods.

lil' pezza

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can i just say, i never said any of that at any point, thats liams interviews, and ryno may i enquire as to what "motives and methods" we have that arent right?

Infinity is Now

Ill Funk Freaker
28DL Full Member
It's nice to look at and shows a good sense of freedom and enjoyment other documentaries sometimes struggle to achieve, so well done in that respect. There's a few clichés I really don't think people need to see including the talk about junkies as in reality this is just a fictional assumption created by society and is very rarely encountered. As Winch says, there's a lot more to this stuff but basically I think you've created a relatively successful bit of insight into stereotypical 'urban exploration' and I found the whole thing a lot less fake and cringey than I was expecting. Nice one!

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
i did'nt think it was to bad to be honest, yeah there was some errors but other than that its fine for me

I did like the quotes at the the end...
Liam Simmons plans not to get arrested for the second time

Gone

Regular User
'urban exploring; the act of entering, documenting and photographing abandoned and derelict buildings'

Don't forget stuff like your Drainers, Crane/Bridge Climbers, Rooftoppers.

SparkUK

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think DHL should make a movie with Victoria King, I'd buy it.......

I don't rate this movie at all, the press have been kinder and more accurate even on a bad day.