real time web analytics
Information - - LED torchs | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - LED torchs

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
That is not 1600 lumens, it's about 160. I use one on my bike and it barely lights the ground in front, it's only good for the flashing mode.

ive had a few of the T6 variety and i would have said the one i had which was similar was a tad broghtewr than my old p7,but it did have a nice bright square "spot" beam on it

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
I bought 2 torches from aldi over Christmas a small 5w cree and a 10w cree both damn good for 9.99 and 19.99. The 10w is bright and lasts quite a while on 3 c bats. And its a bit brighter than a P7.2 and seemes wider as-well. Sadly sold out now

anubis

28" Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know what the difference is between an original P7 and the newer P7.2?

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone know what the difference is between an original P7 and the newer P7.2?

The 7.2 has little holes around the outer part of the lens that light up red and bleed into your long exposure light painting shots if not careful :)

Supposed to have gone from 200 to 300 Lumens ? definately a visible difference between the 2. Subtle body changes but basically the same.

My 7.2 failed on it"s first outing with the "O" ring under the zoom head jammed (obviously short of grease)replacement fine so far.

CureForPain

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
been looking for something cheap, bright and small enough to keep in my camera bag permanently. Ended up grabbing one of these:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/...led-480-lumen-flashlight?da=1&TC=RV-010812480

480 lumens for 24 quid! It's tiny, aluminium, takes 3 AAAs, has a zoom, and retina-troublingly bright on the full power setting. Was worried it'd basically be one of those £8 eBay CREE cheapies with branding....but it's ace. Zoom creeps a little bit but it's nice to operate with your thumb. Very solidly built, don't reckon it'd survive water for long though.

If anyone wants to lend me a P7 to compare it to, be my guest :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
been looking for something cheap, bright and small enough to keep in my camera bag permanently. Ended up grabbing one of these:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/...led-480-lumen-flashlight?da=1&TC=RV-010812480

480 lumens for 24 quid! It's tiny, aluminium, takes 3 AAAs, has a zoom, and retina-troublingly bright on the full power setting. Was worried it'd basically be one of those £8 eBay CREE cheapies with branding....but it's ace. Zoom creeps a little bit but it's nice to operate with your thumb. Very solidly built, don't reckon it'd survive water for long though.

If anyone wants to lend me a P7 to compare it to, be my guest :thumb

The Nightsearcher larger models are well specced and bloody expensive. so if it"s anything like those models it should be fine

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details