real time web analytics
Report - - Leeds Town Hall, July 19 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leeds Town Hall, July 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanDoll

28DL Regular User
Regular User
History

Leeds Town Hall was built between 1853 and 1858 on The Headrow, Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, to a design by architect Cuthbert Brodrick. It was planned to include law courts, a council chamber, a public hall, a suite of ceremonial entertaining rooms and municipal offices.

Leeds Town Hall is one of the largest town halls in the United Kingdom and as of 2017 it is the thirteenth tallest building in Leeds. It was opened by Queen Victoriain a lavish ceremony in 1858 as Leeds celebrated the completion of an important civic structure. It is a Grade I listed building.

Work on replacing and refurbishing the roof and iconic clock tower of Leeds Town Hall began in October 2018 and will continue until November 2020. The current roof dates back to the original structure of the Town Hall which was completed in 1858.

From Monday 3 June 2019 until September 2019, the Victoria Hall is closed to the public while the roof of the auditorium is replaced. Refurbishments to the Victoria Hall roof includes soundproofing to help eliminate external noise pollution for our events.

Explore

Explored with @Esoteric Eric . We decided to take a mooch around the city centre to climb a few rooftops when noticing this building had scaf covering it. Waiting till darkness we made the decision to do it. Firstly we went up 6 flights then looked up to see the clock tower was ridiculously high up. Up again another 12 flights and we were up.

Not bad for my first time rooftopping ;)

11304q.jpg

An old image of the infamous tower and town hall as i forgot to take an external :banghead

IMG_1195.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

IMG_1197.jpg

Thanks for looking :Not Worthy