real time web analytics
Report - - Leek Railway Tunnel - August 2021. | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tunnel Gricer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well updates or not your tunnel reports are always worth looking at your lighting and photography skills are as good as it gets, keep em coming and urbanchemist is right mind i still love all your tunnel work.
Thanks Dave, grateful of the feedback very much appreciated! :thumb

MikeymuttšŸ¶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done again. I always enjoying seeing different people's perspectives on places. Everyone captures them differently. But it's always nice to stumble on something new.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Really enjoyed this one. Those red bricks make an amazing bit of architecture. The little off shoots you spoke of, reminds me of an old tunnel I use to hang in as a teenager. It had around 5 of these little passages and rooms with built in benches at the end.
Wish Id got to it, before they decide to build an estate around there.

Nice research and great photos are per :thumb :cool:

gingerspeedfreak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another great report and I love the contrasting lighting styles you have used in some of the photos. Lighting is a great skill, but so is using the dark!
The 'bothy' style refuges can be found in a handful of the old tunnels. Perhaps used for storage of materials for the platelayers and maintenance gangs? Tend to be found in the longer tunnels though.

Tunnel Gricer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
More great tunnel photo capture. And a bonus point for doing one I've not seen before!
Thanks HughieD, Very much appreciated, These hidden gems are extremely hard to come by in the Railway tunnel world as Iā€™m sure you well know, Definitely a high point for me this one, Good to hear from you again too mate :thumb

Tunnel Gricer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really enjoyed this one. Those red bricks make an amazing bit of architecture. The little off shoots you spoke of, reminds me of an old tunnel I use to hang in as a teenager. It had around 5 of these little passages and rooms with built in benches at the end.
Wish Id got to it, before they decide to build an estate around there.

Nice research and great photos are per :thumb :cool:
Thanks CJ appreciate the comment, Knowing this hasnā€™t been covered on any level know to most was definitely a buzz itā€™s evident people have been inside with odd graffiti on the walls but how long ago is unknown my guess would be a very long time probably before the opposite end was infilledā€¦ definitely a memorable day.

Tunnel Gricer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another great report and I love the contrasting lighting styles you have used in some of the photos. Lighting is a great skill, but so is using the dark!
The 'bothy' style refuges can be found in a handful of the old tunnels. Perhaps used for storage of materials for the platelayers and maintenance gangs? Tend to be found in the longer tunnels though.
Thanks gingerspeedfreak appreciate the comment, I do try where possible different styles and options try and make this reports as interesting as possible which some tunnels do make it very difficultā€¦ As for those refuges Iā€™d probably agree just strange as the tunnel is only 420yds longā€¦ possibly a lack of space outside for such amenities..

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I know this place well. I used to live like 3 streets away. When I was a kid you could walk the entire length of the tunnel. There was always shit graffiti and rubbish at the end towards Rudyard. It was filled at that end and bricked up at the other in the late 80s at a similar time to the nearby disused station and gas works being demolished. There was talk around the town of it being converted into a fallout shelter but this was obviously just small town post cold War gossip. One thing to note is there are no ventilation shafts at all for such a long tunnel.

Who has read this thread (Total: 217) View details