real time web analytics
Report - - Lillesdon Girls School March 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lillesdon Girls School March 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
The school occupies what used to be the Lillesden Estate Mansion, built at the estate (south of Hawkhurst) in 1855 by the banker Edward Loyd, who moved there after marrying. The house and estate remained in the family until just after the First World War, when it was then sold and eventually became the Bedgebury Girls Public School.

The school closed around 1999 and has been abandoned ever since. Due to the theft of its lead roof, water damage is now sadly causing the buildings to collapse. However, it is now owned by a property developed and expected to be converted into private apartments at some point in the future

Ive seen previous reports and it really is a shame to see how trashed it is..the copper fairys have stripped it even the frame from the mirror is gone..This was a quick visit on our way back from west park and would have been rude not to pop in..
Visited with space invader..

DSC03526.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

DSC03540.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

DSC03556.jpg

DSC03564.jpg

DSC03587.jpg

DSC03590.jpg

DSC03593.jpg

I managed to avoid falling into this pool and after my luck at WestPark wasnt taking any chances

DSC03598.jpg

Thanks for looking ,shame this place really is trashed..was also used for a dr who episode so i believe :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details