real time web analytics
Report - - Lowstock powerstation jan 18 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Lowstock powerstation jan 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
After a brilliant Victorian mine themed meet weekend myself albinoj sparky & lauren stopped into Lowstock on the way home for a quick mooch around.
A well trodden explore but still enjoyably.

In 2000, when it closed its doors for good, the Lostock power station was one of the UK’s last remaining coal-driven plants . It then sat abandoned and unused for years.

Over a decade later, in 2012, Tata Chemicals Europe and Eon Energy from Waste sought and received planning permission from the Secretary of State for the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to construct and operate a 60MW EfW generation station.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Gutted I missed the boat on this one, I believe its being demolished now or has been recently.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Withheld the test of time, 18 years later and very little graff, and some carpet of pigeon shite, but still plenty to see. Well covered. Nice pit stop. Like this. good shots :thumb

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Great set pal - never managed to get any photos I was properly happy with from this place :(

I wasn't to keen on these to be fair, i was knackered after a full weekend and couldn't be botherd to lug the camera in so just snapped some lazy mobile shots lol

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Excellent report mate. That first shot is the exact spot me and hidden shadow got caught on the way out.

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
Excellent report mate. That first shot is the exact spot me and hidden shadow got caught on the way out.

What was the outcome for you, police or a ticking off?
We very nearly was caught, they spotted us on the way out also, I remember looking back and seeing them lined up on the bridge & thinking the fuzz would be greeting us at the cars lol

host

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What was the outcome for you, police or a ticking off?
We very nearly was caught, they spotted us on the way out also, I remember looking back and seeing them lined up on the bridge & thinking the fuzz would be greeting us at the cars lol

Well they called the cops and they never came so they let us go. Stupid thing we just stood There at the security hut waiting for the cops when we should have walked off what they gonna do. Both visits got caught I’m glad it’s gone ha ha