real time web analytics
Report - - Meaford Service Reservoir, Stone - July 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Meaford Service Reservoir, Stone - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
I was slowly heading home from work and decided to drop in on the res while I was passing (would be rude no to)

It's a small reservoir on the outskirts of Meaford, not much more to say about it.

Service reservoirs store fully treated potable water close to the point of distribution. Many service reservoirs are constructed as water towers, often as elevated structures on concrete pillars where the landscape is relatively flat. Other service reservoirs are entirely underground, especially in more hilly or mountainous country. In the United Kingdom, Thames Water has many underground reservoirs built in the 1800s, most of which are lined with brick. A good example is the Honor Oak Reservoir, constructed between 1901 and 1909. When it was completed it was the largest brick built underground reservoir in the world and is still one of the largest in Europe. The reservoir now forms part of the Southern extension of the Thames Water Ring Main. The top of the reservoir has been grassed over and is now the Aquarias Golf Club.

Service reservoirs perform several functions including ensuring sufficient head of water in the water distribution system and providing hydraulic capacitance in the system to even out peak demand from consumers enabling the treatment plant to run at optimum efficiency. Large service reservoirs can also be managed so that energy costs in pumping are reduced by concentrating refilling activity at times of day when power costs are low.

Pic taken from first trip as I didn't get a front shot this time around
11689130913_df52929390_c.jpg

14532391507_8faf02e6ce_c.jpg

14716433404_80590067e7_c.jpg

14532176069_c39f90869d_c.jpg

14715658541_71b0204c74_c.jpg

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
you explore a shit load while on route to or from a job..nicely done as ever mate