real time web analytics
Medical risks | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Medical risks

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I didn’t know where to go as my GP has no clue and some of you have been around a lot longer than I have
But after a recent explore (about 4 months ago, Compstall mills and Eva bros) I’ve been having worsening breathing problems, anything I should be concerned about?

Google and my GP aren’t helping as they have no idea

Apologies for inconvenience

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Others here probably know more but I wouldn't have thought it would be exploring related - if it was it would either be long-term or affect you soon after, and even then the risk is minimal. Best wishes :thumb

TheJungleBeast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You need to badger your GP, they seem to be doing anything to get people to go the fuck away lately, I have had to do so much pressuring to get my problems taken seriously and looked into, 3 years it's been going on and it's slow progress, don't let them fob you off.
Hope your issue gets sorted brother.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Have you been next to black mould?
Do you have a gas fire or cooker at home?
Get yourself sorted, pester them if they won't help initially.
go to a and e if local doctors won't help.
At the least you need a lung capacity test IMHO.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Have you been next to black mould?
Do you have a gas fire or cooker at home?
Get yourself sorted, pester them if they won't help initially.
go to a and e if local doctors won't help.
At the least you need a lung capacity test IMHO.

Why did i read this like this….

IMG_2323.png

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?
Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?

🤣

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Why did i read this like this….

IMG_2323.png

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?
Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?
Have you or your family ever seen a spook, spectre or ghost?

🤣
I can almost hear the theme 😂

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I remember wading that river about nine years ago to get to that little mill in wales. About a week later I got what I thought was a chest infection. It would not go away, I went the doctors numerous times. In the end I think it was my mum was saying her friend had same symptoms and it was whooping cough. So back the doctors and tested and it was whooping cough. It lasted six months and my chest was so sore from coughing like you would not believe. I often wonder if that was from that. Anyway hope you get seen and sorted soon.

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Asking for medical advise on a forum, which isn't based on providing medical advise, is only going to get you as far as speculation.
It's very difficult to say if your recent breathing issues are directly related to visiting the places you've mentioned, as there can be numerous other causes or illnesses for what you've mentioned. It could be sheer coincidence or they may be related. It's near enough impossible to say.

What you should do is the following: Contact and arrange an appointment with a GP to explain your symptoms or, visit an out of hours GP or A&E if you feel you're in urgent danger.
I didn’t know where to go as my GP has no clue and some of you have been around a lot longer than I have
But after a recent explore (about 4 months ago, Compstall mills and Eva bros) I’ve been having worsening breathing problems, anything I should be concerned about?

Snowhead

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As others, see a G.P, you should be concerned about any worsening symptoms whether breathing related or not.

Did you have any symptoms immediately after the explore and did you walk through / kick up anything dust related.?

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Asking for medical advise on a forum, which isn't based on providing medical advise, is only going to get you as far as speculation.
It's very difficult to say if your recent breathing issues are directly related to visiting the places you've mentioned, as there can be numerous other causes or illnesses for what you've mentioned. It could be sheer coincidence or they may be related. It's near enough impossible to say.

What you should do is the following: Contact and arrange an appointment with a GP to explain your symptoms or, visit an out of hours GP or A&E if you feel you're in urgent danger.
I visited them on multiple occasions and each time it’s a simple we don’t know, I figured here as a last stretch as I figured people here would know more about this topic that Google ever would

As others, see a G.P, you should be concerned about any worsening symptoms whether breathing related or not.

Did you have any symptoms immediately after the explore and did you walk through / kick up anything dust related.?
Usual poor breathing the day after like any explore, but rapidly started to worsen over about 2 months especially after Compstall, the basement and some rooms were packed with some nasty moulds and dusts, now it’s just general difficultly breathing

Like I said the GP just said that we can’t really tell, and just hope it’s not serious