real time web analytics
Video - - Melbourne ROC post | Urban Exploring Videos | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Melbourne Royal Observer Corps Bunker
I live within a stone's throw of this place and didn't know it was here!! Many of these ROC bunkers still exist but some have been filled in, or capped off by land owners that inherited the bunkers after they were decommissioned ( approx 1990 / 1991 ). There are a few that have been restored and opened to the public by enthusiasts that include the actual volunteers that used to man the bunkers.

They were all connected to the regional bunkers via a GPO (BT) phone system. 3 or 4 people on each shift would be sat in these tight spaces, with only one 14ft room, and the toilet / store room. Someone had removed part of the counter weighted hatch mechanism, this makes it slightly more difficult to descend the access shaft. I made a steel stay that sorted this issue out.

If you visit this site, look under the large concrete cover that has been removed, it lies a few feet from the hatch, the stay i made is under the edge of it, it makes access easier and utilizes the grab rail on the hatch. The bunker is owned by a C.Petrie from Rotherham. In my video ( my 1st attempt at producing an urbex video! ) there are labels of items, an artists representation of a fully operational ROC post, and a picture of a fully restored ROC bunker. They were all designed and built to be identical. Happy viewing !

SAS.URBEX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i'm not sure how either, it took me longer to convince my mate the ladder was mod quality and wouldn't fail! :)