real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth, June 2017 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth, June 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gasman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ace report and pics. Inspired me to go today. As you have said, a little difficult to get in and even harder to get out! I chose the back route from the fields. While inside I saw an old man with 3 dogs patrolling round. I suspect the neighbours are tired of visitors. Overall a good explore but anywhere is hard to beat Denbigh. I have pics but not yet figured out how to load. I am a new member

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
Ace report and pics. Inspired me to go today. As you have said, a little difficult to get in and even harder to get out! I chose the back route from the fields. While inside I saw an old man with 3 dogs patrolling round. I suspect the neighbours are tired of visitors. Overall a good explore but anywhere is hard to beat Denbigh. I have pics but not yet figured out how to load. I am a new member

I personally use flickr to upload - there are a few tutorials on the forum here that details how to do it.

Denbigh is somewhere I look to go next, but the journey is a bit of a task when looking at the route... although it provides me with a perfect excuse to ride.

I am glad you liked to place and decided to visit! I came in through a window at the front but the doorway was blocked off by razor wire, glad I was still wearing all my leathers as they have a wonderful year resistance.

I do hope you wore a respirator though...

Gasman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you for your reply. Been to Denbigh 3 times now but believe with the fire and security patrols, it's played out now. Gutted I only got into this after Barrow Gurney was demolished. Good luck with your finds and yes i wear a mask. I am a gas engineer and asbestos trained. Masks provided by work

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I just love how one half is in perfect contrast to the other!

It's because the councillor who lives in the farm out the back stopped them taking the tiles off the other side. They were going to do the lot including the chapel before he stopped them. It's difficult to imagine how much difference it would have been ten years on with the tiles on all the wards really. The place is now so fucked its a deathtrap in a lot of places.

Nice pics, although a tad to over processed for me but thats just a personal preference.

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
It's because the councillor who lives in the farm out the back stopped them taking the tiles off the other side. They were going to do the lot including the chapel before he stopped them. It's difficult to imagine how much difference it would have been ten years on with the tiles on all the wards really. The place is now so fucked its a deathtrap in a lot of places.

Nice pics, although a tad to over processed for me but thats just a personal preference.

Aye, but it definitely adds to the feel of the building - I don't feel like it will be long for this world.

I agree with the over processing - the more I look, the more I dislike them, ha.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Wow...the hall is such a state now!
Good report, and nice to see a few bits I hadn't noticed before, like the secure windows (similar to Glenside at Bristol).
I'd also say the processing is a little heavy, but people have said that about mine in the past too, so all about tastes I guess. The only thing to remember is whatever you do, keep your RAW files!

BravodierIII

Freakerture
28DL Full Member
Wow...the hall is such a state now!
Good report, and nice to see a few bits I hadn't noticed before, like the secure windows (similar to Glenside at Bristol).
I'd also say the processing is a little heavy, but people have said that about mine in the past too, so all about tastes I guess. The only thing to remember is whatever you do, keep your RAW files!
Aye, I keep all my Raw files as they are an essential thing for me to be able to redo the images once I hate the edits I have already made.

Something I am already doing with this set :)

Haifisch

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report - top story and photos. Know the feeling when you do a solo explore in such a vast place- don't know where to start!

Top work!