real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hosptial, Talgarth: The Sorry Demise, 2004-2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hosptial, Talgarth: The Sorry Demise, 2004-2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
That's brilliant mate
I've got a few early photos from here and was gonna do a report but held off in the Hope's you would do one.... that room with all the hospital bits in was amazing.

Heres mine from a slightly different angle....
I wonder what happened to it all?

Most of it's still there, crushed/burried under the rubble where they knocked that part down to get at slate. Although obviously a few bits had already gone walkies like the enema kit!

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
@tumbles bloody hell really? I thought they'd taken it all, when we went back I couldnt even find where that room even used to be.

Didn't you have to walk through here to get to it & has this room been demo'd do you know?

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
@tumbles bloody hell really? I thought they'd taken it all, when we went back I couldnt even find where that room even used to be.

Didn't you have to walk through here to get to it & has this room been demo'd do you know?

20200430_103052.jpg

This pic shows where they basically flattened the corridor to get to a corner of the building but the white bit on the wall is where the museum room was. The ward you've pictured was to the right and remained mainly because the otherside of the roof slate is intact and the floor was concrete.

1706683_9499f2ba0fa412c436fc7ff810dd08cb.jpg

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Belter of a report dude - you did it justice I feel. This place does need some love, it'll always be special for me as it was the first asylum I ever did in 2011.

Great memories of the tyre slasher / angry local woman in Volvo / fat ghost hunters / no roof tiles / finally getting into the chapel / being penned in in Talgarth by an angry farmer who called the police, as well as the first ever group pic I took and @Grit ruining his brand new pair of white trainers getting in round the back! Also finding that underground reservoir with you and Scott behind it too!

Big up MWH <3

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
A fitting tribute for the old girl. Lovely write up. Loved/ saddened by the steadily destroyed Lino photos. Think it was around 2012 when I first went. Always loved the place, the setting, the memories exploring it. The weather has taken its toll with the lack of slate tiles, as was no surprise.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Spent more time crawling under the floor boards looking for buttons than anything else. Never really liked the place apart from the day we got in the clock, that was quite a fun day. Otherwise i found it very meh.

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Thanks for keeping us all entertained again!
Fantastic write-up and lots of evocative photos - reminds me I never got an asylum in the snow, and you're right, does seem to suit them.

Spent more time crawling under the floor boards looking for buttons than anything else.

And did you find any / anything else interesting?

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Thanks for keeping us all entertained again!
Fantastic write-up and lots of evocative photos - reminds me I never got an asylum in the snow, and you're right, does seem to suit them.

And did you find any / anything else interesting?

I found all the original layout plans / maps in admin :p

Still never found the ww2 bunker behind admin however

Who has read this thread (Total: 386) View details