real time web analytics
Report - - Minitron Culvert, Sheffield, November 2017 | UK Draining Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Minitron Culvert, Sheffield, November 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just a quick question, such is my curiousity about water infrastructure, especially yorks water infrastructure which seems to be a on a bigger scale than that of UU and seems to have more of these flow monitoring thingimibobs.....where are the gps/sensors/ultrasound things (I remember Ojay mentioning something called flowhawks once, when discussing a sewage tank?) are they out of the shot in those piccies?

Esoteric Eric

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Just a quick question, such is my curiousity about water infrastructure, especially yorks water infrastructure which seems to be a on a bigger scale than that of UU and seems to have more of these flow monitoring thingimibobs.....where are the gps/sensors/ultrasound things (I remember Ojay mentioning something called flowhawks once, when discussing a sewage tank?) are they out of the shot in those piccies?

The sensors were on either end of the RCP section with the gates on, this is the outfall to the Don. They looked like infrared sensors which made me think they were meant to monitor any large objects passing through as this area is prone to flooding.

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User

Think @Esoteric Eric answered this better than me! Shame we didn’t actually take a pic of them. I’d just add that I mentioned them being GPS sensors as it mentioned GPS in writing on the box itself.

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Great report. Good to see nothing has changed down there. This is one of the best drains in terms of the pubs directly above it too :D

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
Great report. Good to see nothing has changed down there. This is one of the best drains in terms of the pubs directly above it too :D

Thanks! I really enjoyed this one, and yes to the pubs! All culverts and drains should have a real ale pub waiting at the end...

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I still can't see the sensors, are they a box sized thing? From googling that is what they seem to be, like a bigger matchbox?

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
I still can't see the sensors, are they a box sized thing? From googling that is what they seem to be, like a bigger matchbox?

Haha! From memory they are kind of brick sized, maybe a little smaller - but my memory is crap. When I see another one somewhere I’ll be sure to take a proper pic to share with you. :-)

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks, no worries. I am amazed that noone has nicked them, if it was in a certain town in the northwest they would be long gone, or vandalized :banghead