real time web analytics
Report - - Moel Fferna, Llangollen, Jan18 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moel Fferna, Llangollen, Jan18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

'Splorin'

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great report. I need to go bck there and get across 'the bridge of death'.

Pisser about your knee. You're gonna have to be patient. I did mine back in April last year and it took until end of November to get surgery.
1st trip back ruined all the good work done by physio. Read all about it on my Maenofferen report.
Ooh! There's a working cart in there too. Bloody heavy, but just in the right place for some full on Indiana Jones action.

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks a well preserved place, I imagine the vertical entrance keeps out the casual and idiotic explorers with their string and cans of paint. Its hard to believe slate mining was profitable, given that about 90% of material mined was waste, finished slates must have fetched a good price back then.

EOA

Exploring with Bob
28DL Full Member
Glad that you lads made it in the snow, an adventure for sure, enjoyed your report :thumb

I think I'm going to wait until we've been back in and found the bridge of death to stick my report up, particularly as this account is as good as it gets, but I just wanted to say many thanks for all your help sorting it out Kwan and making sure we had back ups in place if everything didn't come together. :thumb

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Yeah id hate to do the walk without the jeep taking us up as far as it did! Cave rescue? what happened with that one? Hope everyone was ok.

Thanks mate, and thanks again for not killing us on the ropes. The cart sounds like a great plan!

Cheers mate, I'm such a sucker for a bit of 80s synth.

Long story but all was well in the end :)

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Cheers guys. The knee is much better today. So hopefully i'll be on the mend soon and get back out and about.

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
That day when we went the weather was fucking horrendous and it didn’t help being dressed as Father Christmas but was a top day out.

I need to get in the circle and down to one of these Santa mine trips. they look the nuts!