real time web analytics
Report - - Monkton Farleigh CAD-The Full Monty Nov 2009 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Monkton Farleigh CAD-The Full Monty Nov 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with folk from all round the forums last November.

You'd have to have been living in a hole for the past god knows how many years to not be aware of this rather large gem in the South West of England. It's been an unhealthy obsession of mine for a long time now and what kicked off my interest in underground stuff and general dereliction in my local area. I first heard of the Central Ammunitions Depot back in 2004 when my friend Matt and I used to go and have sneaky joints up farleigh down tunnel and flash the trains as they whizzed past on the mainline to London.

This then led to the discovery of the Holy Bible a.k.a. "Secret Underground Cities" by Nick McCamley which we then read religiously whilst trapsing round Browns Folly woods, convinced that we would stumble across it sooner or later. These attempts were usually thwarted by distractions like miniature "caves" and rope swings.

However it wasn't until I signed up to the forums in 2006 that I managed to convince OT and the rest of the crew that I wasn't a terrorist and they took me down districts 19 & 20. Well....aged 19 with a plastic toy torch, builders hat and a face full of make-up, I guess I must have made some sort of impression because I'm still here now. Over the next three years after that, I visited Monkton Farleigh (I think I've got this right) 21 times, spent two birthday's down there and went skating down the conveyor tunnels. Good times for sure with some fantastic people.

So...(I'll get to the point eventually) when a chance came up to see the rest of my personal Mecca, I jumped straight in the Rookwagon at 5am and joined the group of nervous but very excited people. On the trip, we saw the Powerhouse, the canteen, main west and tiny glimpses of the rest of the districts. I'm not gonna lie....it was heaven!

In case you have been living in a hole and have no idea what CAD is about then here's some links that will be very informative!

Corsham Underground Depots

Monkton Farleigh Mine

Finally, a massive thanks to all those involved over the last four years and the kind folk at Wansdyke who trusted us enough not to all misbehave. Oh how those good times rolled! (tee hee get it?)

DSC_0284R-1.jpg

DSC_0287R-1.jpg

DSC_0289R.jpg

DSC_0290R-1.jpg

DSC_0292R-1.jpg

DSC_0297R-3.jpg

DSC_0299R-2.jpg

DSC_0301R-3.jpg

DSC_0306R-3.jpg

DSC_0317R-2.jpg

DSC_0321R-1.jpg

DSC_0322R-1.jpg