real time web analytics
Report - - Monument , batley , september 2021 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Monument , batley , september 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Having done Transporter ( again ) and the culverts under batley bus station i just needed to get monument done to complete the jigsaw . Parking up in the same place as before outside the Asda around 8am i climbed over the wall and was in the batley beck with no problem at all. The whole system is really one big culvert but open air sections have broken it down in to separate explores like transporter and monument ( would be one hell of a walk doing them all together ) moving on downstream the first part of the explore was concrete box section

very clean

and very slippery i stayed close to the edge

not so clean box section it started to bend around as well

change in shape here the culvert squeezed down in size

looking back upstream there was a little staircase to the left the smell left little doubt this was a CSO had planned to have a nosy but there was a nest with a chick in it so decided to leave it alone , moving on downstream

it was around this point i slipped on the almost glass like floor and ended up on my arse trying to get back up i slipped again and ended up laying down at the bottom of the V shaped channel ! luckily id kept my coat on so diddnt get to much water inside my waders :banghead lol

looking back upstream next pic a change in styles

these large concrete shuttered kerbs seam to be a feature on a lot of the culverts in this neck of the woods

coming in to an open air section

around the corner and back underground looking back upstream then looking downstream

my favourite bit

in to the chamber under the monument at batley

stopped for a bit here then on to the end

a bit of spray crete to finish of with diddnt exit here but back out the way i came in , with the exception of my unplanned bath i really enjoyed this one nice to get this last section complete thanks for watching :thumb

Last edited: