real time web analytics
Report - - Monument Drain, Batley - October 2010. | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Monument Drain, Batley - October 2010.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Title.jpg

Visited By Ojay & Nij, returning with Woodburner.

1.jpg

We met up briefly with Cpcnick after checking out some other local leads. After pointing us in the right direction we decided to head underground.

Wellie fail prevented us from mooching any further downstream through the 'Transporter'. (TBC).. This was as far as we got

2.jpg

We turned around, and headed upstream, to check out the 'Monument'.

Climbing down past all manner of debris, including broken glass & discarded needles NSFW

The first section was open culvert, on my return trip something bad happened to my eye

3a.jpg

before disappearing underground

4.jpg

We traversed our way upstream towards the town centre through a mixture of Stone & concrete tunnels, although not very deep, was slippy as hell!

5.jpg

6.jpg

Eventually we could here voices and the sound of civilisation from above, before arriving at the 'Monument' - The main feature of the drain.

On the left an arched overflow, with ladders up to a grilled hatch and wooden door at street level.

7a.jpg

It's quite impressive inside this chamber, and equally as impressive at street level too.

We carried on upstream at this point, as the tunnel curved there was a distinct smell of 'fresh', the only evidence being this flap which was clean surface water...?

8.jpg

Continuing upstream, a variety of stone, RCP & Concrete

9a.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

before reaching this interesting little junction, with a sewer overflow on the left, naturally I headed up, but soon retreated as it stunk to high heaven, and was stoopy as fuck, besides my eye was giving me real jip

12.jpg

Eventually we reached the Infall

13.jpg

After making our way out, we headed overground so I could grab a quick shot

End.jpg

I spent the next morning (over 3 hours) in Hospital, my eye is in a bad way, Draaaaynes are bad places, stay away :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: