real time web analytics
Report - - Moorcock Inn, Lancashire, June 2014 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Moorcock Inn, Lancashire, June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was over in Lancashire visiting friends when they said about going to the pub, what I didnt realise is they meant the old Moorcock Inn near Clitheroe, not a cheeky few pints down the local.

When we got there you could tell the place had been trashed, smashed windows and random crap thrown outside, the place didnt look that appealing. Once inside we were pleasantly surprised to see a fair bit left in there.

Bit of history about the place:

The Moorcock Inn Hotel and Restaurant, which is privately owned, has closed and re-opened a number of times under different management. In 1975 it was put into liquidation after losses of £97,500 were revealed.

Later that year, the build-ing was gutted by fire, but was then fully restored and re-opened in 1977. Plans were submitted to turn the site into a development of luxury flats, but after a number of years of wrang-ling, the plans were thrown out and the hotel became known for fruit machines and discos.

In 1984 it re-opened as a quality venue offering fine cuisine and functions In 1995, permission was gran-ted for 14 new bedrooms and a conference centre.

From what I can find out the council are currently deciding on planning permission for 2/3 new plush homes to be built on the site

Luckily just seconds after we climbed out of the window the rozza pulled up in the car park. Out we pulled our cameras and pretended we were taking photos of the scenery, worked a treat and they drove off down the road :D

DSC_0124_zpsfb1971cd.jpg

DSC_0190_zpsd14eb41b.jpg

DSC_0137_zps32cf517e.jpg

DSC_0155_zps5f1c3262.jpg

DSC_0104_zps9d9a5c0f.jpg

DSC_0303_zps713a8197.jpg

DSC_0384_zps4c1448f2.jpg

DSC_0339_zps5364d7e0.jpg

DSC_0330_zpsdf36123a.jpg

DSC_0225_zps1eeb3a5c.jpg

The_Raw

Staff member
That's a cool find despite being a little bit trashed, good work avoiding a talking to from the local fuzz as well :thumb

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's a cool find despite being a little bit trashed, good work avoiding a talking to from the local fuzz as well :thumb

Cheers bud! Someone has had the copper pipes so a fair few of the floors are knackered too. I also heard there is some dude that looks after the land, or something like that, and he apprehended some guys that were in there and called the fuzz. Glad I didnt meet him lol

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I quite enjoyed my wander round this place a few weeks back, well the pub bit anyway...the hotel side was just...dull room...another dull room....room....oh look, another dull room, in the end i waited in reception for the rest to finish whilst browsing Lancashire life :)

Some nice shots of the place you have here though :thumb

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I quite enjoyed my wander round this place a few weeks back, well the pub bit anyway...the hotel side was just...dull room...another dull room....room....oh look, another dull room, in the end i waited in reception for the rest to finish whilst browsing Lancashire life :)

Some nice shots of the place you have here though :thumb

Lol cheers bud! :)

The hotel bit was a bit samey as you went from room to room. The best room was the homeymoon suite and that was still a little empty for my liking.

Is the table still downstairs in the main bar with the table cloth on it?

upright_ninja

Picture of Stealth
28DL Full Member
(insert 'more cock in' joke here)

Being from Lancashire I can extend the history... This place was distance-owned by an eccentric lady called Lucy Likes and all post for this place was redirected to her business address of Moorcock Inn, Herbum, Tillet, Herts!

Yes...! Challenged accepted and smashed!

u>.<n

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Being from Lancashire I can extend the history... This place was distance-owned by an eccentric lady called Lucy Likes and all post for this place was redirected to her business address of Moorcock Inn, Herbum, Tillet, Herts!

Yes...! Challenged accepted and smashed!

u>.<n

Hahaha, brilliant!!!

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah so that's where you've been :) ignore that part of PM

Nicely pictured mate :thumb

Did you have the full entourage with you ? No wonder the Coppers left :)

Like the food prices, very Retro :)

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah so that's where you've been :) ignore that part of PM

Nicely pictured mate :thumb

Did you have the full entourage with you ? No wonder the Coppers left :)

Like the food prices, very Retro :)

Cheers fella!

Most of us were there mate lol. The ladies even had a little photoshoot while in there. We ended up doing 5 explores in 2 days, just havent got round to sorting them out yet.

Cant beat northern prices, cheap as chips!

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details